Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fun stuff to do in Oblivion

• 29-04-2007 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

What are your favorite time killers in Oblivion?
    I'll start the ball rolling with causing a fight in Imperial City at level 1.
    Go to the Ayleid ruins where you get that sweet black sword(you know what I'm talking about)

Find the woman

take off all your armour, run around naked except for a iron bow and arrow, shoot at her from the gallery.
    Run like a madman, run out and KEEP RUNNING, keep checking back to make sure she's following. Head to the Western imperial city gate, and enter, run up the steps and watch the show.
    She'll have an almighty barney with the guards and some Mythic Dawn agent. She'll kill a few of them but Guards respawn and Mythic Dawn are the enemy. THe fight lasts ages, all the while your watching like a schoolyard snitch, when the dust clears your in possession of some amazing equipment.

Anyone else have stuff to do to kill boredom?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

Something like this you can do in all massive cities. Stay around a good bunch of fighters, make friends with them (talk them out so they like you a lot). Then if you have some problems with the law, resist arrest and run away toward your new friends.

Massive fight will go on between your pals and the guards. For example there are some Blackwood company guys outside Leyawiin castle. They will do a good fight with the guards... But as I said, you can make friends with anyone and they will stand for you in a fight.

Some other funny stuff... Are you into snail racing?

There is also some sort of haunted hause in Skingrad I think... Lockpick it, drag the zombies out and they will start a fight with the passerby-s (sp?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭singloud

Duras wrote:
    There is also some sort of haunted hause in Skingrad I think... Lockpick it, drag the zombies out and they will start a fight with the passerby-s (sp?).

Now that I gotta try, I also love Glarthir's naked axe rampage throughout skingrand, best is when your a high level so he'll have better equipment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

class ideas :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭BENJAMIN61

start a goblin war by stealing their staff and putting it in another goblin cave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Wipe out the entire village of hackdirt, they're a shower of c**ts anyway and it stuck in me throat to let 'em live tbh. Just snipe 'em from a distance, run off when a few cop on and chase you, keep lashing arrows into em as you go. Return. Rinse Repeat. You'll have you own personal village to hang out in at the end of it all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

Bambi wrote: »
    Wipe out the entire village of hackdirt, they're a shower of c**ts anyway and it stuck in me throat to let 'em live tbh. Just snipe 'em from a distance, run off when a few cop on and chase you, keep lashing arrows into em as you go. Return. Rinse Repeat. You'll have you own personal village to hang out in at the end of it all.
    lol,i love wipein out that town

you evil fcukers wiping out a whole town

refresh my memory why is hackdirt full of scum???

Vegeta wrote: »
    you evil fcukers wiping out a whole town

refresh my memory why is hackdirt full of scum???

hav u bin there yet?everybody just hates u and then they attack u.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

hav u bin there yet?everybody just hates u and then they attack u.

Prbly cuz u sund lik a complete and utter tool using text speak.

tool,such an original slag.can you not understand text speak.idiot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Zillah wrote: »
    Prbly cuz u sund lik a complete and utter tool using text speak.

And???

folks keep it civil

eggplantman please avoid text speak

you both have had a bitch at each other so lets call it even and no bannings. Next person to name call == ban

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

can you not understand text speak.

With great effort I can lower myself to translating it. Its still very annoying, and as I said, does not reflect well on you.

Technically I didn't insult him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Where's Hackdirt? Is that in the expansion?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's not in any of the expansions. I kinda stumbled onto it. If you talk to a certain person (I haven't a notion who) they will give you a mission to do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Talk to the lizardy shop keeper (dar-maa??) in Chorrol I think , she'll send you off to the village to rescue her daughter from the lovecraftian scumbuckets in hackdirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

It's southish and west of Chorrel.

Just look around and you'll find it.

I also love to strap on some leather and go hunting in the forest. Especially the pine trees of Bruma

Oh the fun of it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Getting headshots from a distance with the bow and arrow :)

creggy wrote: »
    Getting headshots from a distance with the bow and arrow :)

I really do love the bows in these games. Its very tough to play as a full archer unless you can easily keep away from the enemy.

Great laugh though

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Going around beating the crap out of people with your fists is great. I beat the shít of shadowmere and lost him. No idea where he buggered off to.

• Advertisement

I went to that Daedric shrine in the middle of nowhere southwest of Cheydinhal (you know the one, the people are asleep invincle until you complete the quest)

I stripped to my trousers and spent a while boxing their corpses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I stripped to my trousers and spent a while boxing their corpses.

Somehow.. sounds wrong.

My favourite thing to do is pickpocket a guard (or anyone with a weapon) and then kill them real good with their own weapon. They'll attack you with the original weapon, meaning when you kill them, you now have two of whatever weapon they had.

This is the reason I'm toting 2 daedric claymores. POWER!!!!!

sadly, you;d need 4 hands to wield two claymores.

Dammit.

sadly, you;d need 4 hands to wield two claymores.

Dammit.

its been a long time since I played Oblivion but I thought if you got strength (or some other attribute) maxed you could do this

I think I had strength maxed out and I couldn't hold two swords. Been a while since I played it and I'd have to root out my save game so can't check it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DoomHammer

I love going in to mines, caves, and Aylied ruins with Daedric armour and weapons to kill everybody in there, get their valuable loot (Like Glass Weapons) and then go the closest city and sell the loot.

This activity does three things:
    -- gets me that bit closer to leveling up
    -- earns me money
    -- makes me happy because it's enjoyable

Finding fun ways to kill the Adoring Fan!

From the top of Dive Rock.
    Drowning him.
    Backstabbing him (various ways).

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Going on a rampage in the Imperial City. I love kicking the guards ass's with the Apothesis Staff!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 t-mobile1892

Duras wrote: »

Some other funny stuff... Are you into snail racing?

Haha great ideas snail racing is funny stuff.....oh btw its "passers-by" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 hotjohn01

Haha killing the adoring fan is priceless. he's so annoying.
    I also lost my beloved shadowmere, havnt seen him in weeks.

Did ya know you can store items in Shadowmere too.
    Just render him unconscious, then search him and store your stuff in him..... sooo sooo good.

Advertisement