Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fun stuff to do in Oblivion

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

hotjohn01 wrote: »
    Haha killing the adoring fan is priceless. he's so annoying.
    I also lost my beloved shadowmere, havnt seen him in weeks.

Did ya know you can store items in Shadowmere too.
    Just render him unconscious, then search him and store your stuff in him..... sooo sooo good.

Yeah I lost my shadowmere as well. I was trying to max out my hand to hand and realised he couldn't be killed. So I just kept beating the shít out of him (take that ISPCA). He used to always come back but at one stage I punched him and he fell down a hill and just dissapeared. :(

hotjohn01 wrote: »
    Haha killing the adoring fan is priceless. he's so annoying.
    I also lost my beloved shadowmere, havnt seen him in weeks.

I actually have a game saved at Dive Rock, with the Adoring Fan at the very edge.

Have you checked Fort Farragut (I think) for Shadowmere? Sometimes he wanders back there after you leave him alone for a while!

One more thing I've done which is long (but I suppose fun) - I've discovered EVERY location in Cyrodill and the Shivering Isles.

Then I did up Rosethorne Hall nicely - jewels and unique armor / weapons in the display cases. Any other unique stuff I picked up (Daedra stuff etc), I placed around the bedroom.

The only thing that p*ssed me off was one Alyeid statue - wherever I placed it in the room, it seemed to "melt" into (the floor, etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Aleckoering

I love to just save the game in front of somebody,
    Then kill them with every weapon i have.
    It's fun !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Best mission: Whodunit? (Generally all the DB missions are amazing)

"I AM AN ASSASSIN SENT TO KILL YOU"
    "Oh-ho, you have quite the sense of humour"

My favourite pastime was going on a massive pilgrimage from the IC to the Hermaeus Mora shrine up in the mountains, on foot and stopping at inns along the road to sleep at night etc.

Plus I got 2 and a half million gold by buying a massive amount of free corn shares on the stock exchange and then selling them the next day for 2 gold a share...I put my money in the bank and when I came back the next day it had gathered 70000 in interest- more than I ever had at once on my XBOX 360 savegame at any time...

God I love mods. I now know that it is possible for a game to be doubly infinitely fun...! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

singloud wrote: »
    What are your favorite time killers in Oblivion?
    I'll start the ball rolling with causing a fight in Imperial City at level 1.
    Go to the Ayleid ruins where you get that sweet black sword(you know what I'm talking about)

Find the woman

take off all your armour, run around naked except for a iron bow and arrow, shoot at her from the gallery.
    Run like a madman, run out and KEEP RUNNING, keep checking back to make sure she's following. Head to the Western imperial city gate, and enter, run up the steps and watch the show.
    She'll have an almighty barney with the guards and some Mythic Dawn agent. She'll kill a few of them but Guards respawn and Mythic Dawn are the enemy. THe fight lasts ages, all the while your watching like a schoolyard snitch, when the dust clears your in possession of some amazing equipment.

Anyone else have stuff to do to kill boredom?

I just saw this section on boards so came for a little visit :) I installed Oblivion again just from reading this forum, it's a good game.
    And now I want to know which ruins was singloud talking about?? Sounds very beneficial :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    I just saw this section on boards so came for a little visit :) I installed Oblivion again just from reading this forum, it's a good game.
    And now I want to know which ruins was singloud talking about?? Sounds very beneficial :)

I think that's the ruins where you find Umbra, the sword, and Umbra, the person. It's near Pell's Gate but I can't remember the name because I haven't gone near it in yonks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

That's the one, thanks :)

She is very very fast though :/ It's hard to run that far at a low level with her on your heals and when I get to the city I get arrested because I started a fight with her for no reason :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Go to Imperial Market. Go to Jeanne's store, kill her in one hit so she doesn't call for guards. And then when she wakes up, shoot her with arrows and she'll fly over the counter.

Me and a friend used to play a game where we score points on where we make her land on various objects. 50 points for weapons rack!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Tried starting the game again and whacking it up to full difficulty...got an absolute pounding off the 1st rat!

Seen as that didnt work I instead robbed every single bit of silverware I could find and threw it into a cell in a dungeon in 1 of the town keeps (dont ask why I did this because I dont know), could literally swim around in the stuff.

I also like to collect skulls and put them outside my house in all sorts of areas to warn people off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I recently got the game of the year edition,I,m just wondering does anyone is it already patched up?or will have to patch it myself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

I recently got the game of the year edition,I,m just wondering does anyone is it already patched up?or will have to patch it myself?

If you're talking about graphics improvements created by user community then you will have to patch it yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Funglegunk wrote: »
    If you're talking about graphics improvements created by user community then you will have to patch it yourself.

No no I was talking about official patches released by bethesda :)

Monotype wrote: »

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭killerhitman

I loved the glitch that was in where you could dublicate items using scrolls and just filling up rooms with random stuff.I nearly made my xbox explode when i dublicated about 1000 scrolls in one room. Then the patch came along and ruined it:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I didn't think that there was a patch for the scrolls one - at least there wasn't for the PC.
    The arrow one was even better but that was patched out early.

I can't find a video that shows it well, but when done right, it leaves a trail of duplicated items in the path of the arrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭killerhitman

Monotype wrote: »
    I didn't think that there was a patch for the scrolls one - at least there wasn't for the PC.
    The arrow one was even better but that was patched out early.

I can't find a video that shows it well, but when done right, it leaves a trail of duplicated items in the path of the arrows.
    dont know if there was for the pc only just got it and dont know/cant remeber how to.

Edit;nevermind found out how to do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I just started playing this again last night and forgot how brilliant it is. I've a load of mods installed, one of which is a complete rebuild of most of the land (I think it's called the Unique Lands mod?) and the game is just incredible now. Everywhere looks so different, it makes exploring a hell of alot more fun. I even started a fresh game, just so I could explore everything from the start.

edit: here's the link for the Unique Lands mod: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=19370

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

humanji wrote: »
    I just started playing this again last night and forgot how brilliant it is. I've a load of mods installed, one of which is a complete rebuild of most of the land (I think it's called the Unique Lands mod?) and the game is just incredible now. Everywhere looks so different, it makes exploring a hell of alot more fun. I even started a fresh game, just so I could explore everything from the start.

edit: here's the link for the Unique Lands mod: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=19370

Legend, thanks for that link, gonna install that tonight! :D

You won't believe the difference it makes! If I remember when I get home, I'll post a list of everything I have added. There's loads of weather stuff and extra monsters and non-levelling mosters as well. The problem being that you get your ass handed to you if you wander into a dungeon early on, and there's no real way of finding out if you're outclassed by a monster until you're dead. But that's part of the fun :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

humanji wrote: »
    You won't believe the difference it makes! If I remember when I get home, I'll post a list of everything I have added. There's loads of weather stuff and extra monsters and non-levelling mosters as well. The problem being that you get your ass handed to you if you wander into a dungeon early on, and there's no real way of finding out if you're outclassed by a monster until you're dead. But that's part of the fun :D

Sweet, cheers! :)

Yeah, one of the things that makes me prefer Morrowind to Oblivion is the non-levelling creatures. For the main quest in Oblivion, its fine, but for random creatures in the field, it can get annoying.

• Advertisement

Right, got the list of mods I'm using. So I wasn't sure about the landscape mod, but found out I'm right. It's the Unique Landscapes Compilation v1.6.1. I also use Qarl's Texture Pack 3.

There's some stuff done by a guy called Max Tael called Natural Weather, Natural Water and Natural Habitat, and is in the collection called Natural Environments.

I've got Obscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, which I think the other mods use, so you have to download it. Plus, I think this is what stops the levelling of NPC's. And I run them all with the Oblivion Mod Manager. And also the Oblivion Unofficial Patch which I think is also needed to run the mods.

I've a load of others, but haven't a clue what they do. I'm also not 100% sure how to install the above, or even if they're the latest revision. There should be instructions with them all, though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the natural weather and landscape mods are ****ing beautiful

Advertisement