Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you hope happens in the finale? [**POSSIBLE SPOILERS**]

• 29-04-2007 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Well, it's coming to that time of the season now. Thankfully after some excellent episodes, we've can have a reasonable guess as to what's gonna happen. So, what do you hope happens?

Personally, as long as Jack or Charlie die, I'm happy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

I think Charlie will probably die, along with Juliet. I think Penny Widmore and her gang will arrive on the island as well. I also wouldn't be shocked to discover Kate was pregnant.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I just hope Ben and Juliet survive. I'm game for just about anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Yeah, Ben better not die. And if he does, Jacob (should he be revealed by then, but I've a sneaky feeling he will) better be feckin lethal.

I'd like for something maybe like a boat actually coming to rescue them for the cliffhanger, only for the others to blow it up somehow. That'd kick ass,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, Ben better not die. And if he does, Jacob (should he be revealed by then, but I've a sneaky feeling he will) better be feckin lethal.

I'd like for something maybe like a boat actually coming to rescue them for the cliffhanger, only for the others to blow it up somehow. That'd kick ass,

I'm certain Juliet won't die but I'm not so sure about Ben. But Michael Emerson was interviewed recently and said he was fairly hopeful from his reading of the scripts that Ben was going to survive. He also said this, "the day will come when we find out who he's really fighting. And it will make your hair stand on end. You'll wish Ben had been badder. Something's coming. And whatever it is will make the battle between the Lostaways and the Others pale."

I really believe the Others are the good guys and great twist for the finale would be all the lostaways on the beach, smiling at the sight of rescue ships and then a bunch of Dharma guys with guns get off and shoot Jack or something. And then we find out their leader is Penny, and they aren't there to rescue them.

Yeah. Ben's constantly been saying "we're the good guys" to various people i.e. Locke and Michael. Not a bad theory you've got going there. You're kinda mixing mine and agamemnon's though!

There's also gonna be something coming up based on (minor sort of a spoiler from D.O.C.)
    the parachutist saying "we're not alone", and not "thank you" as Mikhael had said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Im going for Jack to die - they have been moving Sawyer into the "Leader" role for a while now. Juliet will betray Ben and join the Losties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'm hoping for that they just continue with the good episodes and that ben doesn't die. he's seriously one of the best actors the show has and tbh i think i'd stop watching it if he wasn't on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Walt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Really don't think Walt will be back, seeing as the young actor has changed too much now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Really don't think Walt will be back, seeing as the young actor has changed too much now...

Yeah he has grown alot since the first season and would look too out of shape for some one meant to be on the island between 3-4 months.

• Advertisement

I hope the island blows up and they all die so this horribly boring and protracted show isnt brought back for another season of silly flashbacks that mean nothing.
    That said, Desmond is the only charachter on the show that isnt annoying and I hope they dont kill him off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I hope the island blows up and they all die so this horribly boring and protracted show isnt brought back for another season of silly flashbacks that mean nothing.
    That said, Desmond is the only charachter on the show that isnt annoying and I hope they dont kill him off.

If you dislike it so much why watch it?

Theres a complain about Lost thread at the top of the forums. So use that.
    There is also a large bridge near my house, feel free to jump off that.

What? I can see you have clearly watched every ep.

I have become disillusioned with this show and I havent watched it in weeks. I save myself the hassle of watching it and read the episode guide on wikipedia. Much more enjoyable than actually watching it and spemding the whole time wanting to bash jacks head in.
    But thats just my opinion.

I have become disillusioned with this show and I havent watched it in weeks. I save myself the hassle of watching it and read the episode guide on wikipedia. Much more enjoyable than actually watching it and spemding the whole time wanting to bash jacks head in.
    But thats just my opinion.
    I share your hatred of Jack. Many a week's gone by when I considered going over to Hawaii to finish him off meself.

I don't understand your idea of reading the episode guides though. Surely waiting until the end of the season and buying the dvd'd be the better option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Jack dies
    Ben doesn't, that is all.

Buy the DVD, I might as well set fire to my hard earned cash!
    This prob belongs in the whinge about lost thread but anyway, I used to watch this show all the time but the charachters have really started to grate on me(charlie, locke and jack especially),and the plot is hopelessly lost beyond the point of no return.
    Enough said.

*sigh*
    What was this thread about again? Oh yeah....

I don't think Charlie is going to die, it's too obvious. Besides Dom wants to be on the show, why kill him when they can kill off someone else, someone who doesn't want to be on the show, someone who's been moaning about it lately?

*Spoiler about upcoming character appearance/possible death*
    According to an ABC press release, Nadia will be in 3x21. Remember Nadia? The woman Sayid set free and was searching for? She could of course be making an appearance in Charlie's flashback. But what if she also appears on the island? In the form of smokey perhaps, to judge Sayid right before killing him? Naveen Andrews is very insecure about his place on the show so it's only fitting that he gets killed off imo

*Spoiler about upcoming character appearance/possible death*
    According to an ABC press release, Nadia will be in 3x21. Remember Nadia? The woman Sayid set free and was searching for? She could of course be making an appearance in Charlie's flashback. But what if she also appears on the island? In the form of smokey perhaps, to judge Sayid right before killing him? Naveen Andrews is very insecure about his place on the show so it's only fitting that he gets killed off imo

I really hope that it is not that character that goes but i supose we will just have to see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Leon11

here's what i think,

kate does sawyer again. Next night she has her moment of passion with Jack. She's Hillary/Damien. Cue cure for baby/kate/island. Cue who's father plot, Ben let's everyone leave but they crash on another island

Leon11 wrote:
    here's what i think,

kate does sawyer again. Next night she has her moment of passion with Jack. She's Hillary/Damien. Cue cure for baby/kate/island. Cue who's father plot, Ben let's everyone leave but they crash on another island

What? Does that need text need to be cracked before i can understand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Leon11

Sorry I think there'll be a storyline at the end of this series which sees Kate get pregnant after sleeping with both Sawyer and Jack. That'll keep season 4 running along nicely along with the whole "who is the father" If it's Jack's, will Juliette let Kate die if she finds a cure or will she save her etc. Divide in camp between Jack and Sawyer will happen.

Leon11 wrote:
    Sorry I think there'll be a storyline at the end of this series which sees Kate get pregnant after sleeping with both Sawyer and Jack. That'll keep season 4 running along nicely along with the whole "who is the father" If it's Jack's, will Juliette let Kate die if she finds a cure or will she save her etc. Divide in camp between Jack and Sawyer will happen.

There is a strong possibility that not all of those characters will be in season 4.

There is the possibility that Desmond will be the one to die, while saving Charlie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I really believe the Others are the good guys and great twist for the finale would be all the lostaways on the beach, smiling at the sight of rescue ships and then a bunch of Dharma guys with guns get off and shoot Jack or something. And then we find out their leader is Penny, and they aren't there to rescue them.

That sounds pretty good!

I just want Jack shot though really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭csk

Some kind of huge reveal that gives us at least one real answer and Jack to die.

What I dont want is a will they/won't they die cliffhanger especially with the ginormous hiatus :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Lockes dad and Nikki and Paulo all come back as zombies. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I actually changed my mind about Jack, what I really want to happen is for Jack to die, but for it to transpire that I had misunderstood him, I want him to die but feel bad about it. That would take some very good writing though.

• Advertisement

Newaglish wrote:
    I actually changed my mind about Jack, what I really want to happen is for Jack to die, but for it to transpire that I had misunderstood him, I want him to die but feel bad about it. That would take some very good writing though.
    I'd settle for any Jack death tbh. Preferably violent and unheroic...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Eko, Nikki and Shannon all walk out of the jungle and Hurley will go, "Dudes, You're all supposed to be dead!" and then Eko will say something cryptic like "We never died, we were reborn!" and then Locke will go, "It's the Island, it has special powers. Welcome back guys!" and then Jin will go, "Wait a minute, what about Boone and Ana-Lucia and Libby and Arzt and Paulo?" and then Charlie will go, "Jin you speak English?" and then Jin will go, "Obviously, but that's not important right now, what about Boone and the others?" and then Shannon will go, "They were kidnapped, we escaped!" and then Sayid will go, "Kidnapped by the others?" and Nikki will go, "No, not the others, someone else." Then Sawyer will go, "Any idea who?" and then Ben will go, "Ceberus!" and then Claire will go, "Who's Ceberus?" and then Juliet will go, "The Monster" and then Kate will go, "Would you care to elaborate?" and then Tom will go, "Ceberus was a Dharma experiment gone wrong, It was intended to be a security system, but something went wrong and it developed a mind of it's own. If it captured you're friends, they won't escape without our help, but they're still alive, Ceberus doesn't kill," and then Jack will go, try telling that to the Pilot," and Eko will go, "The Pilot isn't dead Jack. That was merely an illusion, as were are deaths. He is with Paolo, Boone and the others who we believed were dead," and then Desmond will go, "What the hell are you talking about brothers? This is insane!" and then Hurley will wake up and realise that the entire conversation was a dream jsut before he hears an explosion in the jungle, he runs out of his tent and looks towards the jungle, as the rest of the Losties join him. "Dude, what was that?" Hurley asks and Locke calmly replies, "That is Rousseau. It's her signal. Get ready. The Others are coming. We must fight." No sooner has he finished this sentence than the Others arrive and a Lord Of The Ring type battle unfolds. Ben, Rose, Charlie, Jack, Rousseau, Sun, Naomi, Tom, Juliet, Sayid, Kate, Bernard and the majority of the other characters are all killed in the battle. Sawyer, Claire, Jin, Desmond, Hurley and Alex are the only survivors don't even have a second to mourn before they see a plane falling apart in the sky and coming straight towards the island. All 6 survivors look up and Sawyer says; "Here we go again!" Screen fades to black and series 3 is over. That's my prediction.

I'd settle for any Jack death tbh. Preferably violent and unheroic...

lol you really hate him don't you :). Bet you would like to see him being butchered by the smoke or something to that affect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

Last weeks now magazine (a strange source I know) said
    5 people die before end of the series, so Locke's dad no1, 4 to go. If you believe now that is :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

That was reported several weeks ago by Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide, afair.

Faith wrote:
    That was reported several weeks ago by Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide, afair.

Aye it was and i am not so sure if it is all true.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've heard it's definite...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

*sigh*
    why kill him when they can kill off someone else, someone who doesn't want to be on the show, someone who's been moaning about it lately?
    [/spoiler]

Whohas being moaning?

I vote for Jack and Loacke to be killed. Pissing me right off they are.

Whohas being moaning?

I vote for Jack and Loacke to be killed. Pissing me right off they are.

You will regret that if it happens. Jack and Locke in my eyes are the corner stones for alot of LOST. They won't be killed off, just too important. Jack and Locke have alot coming up in LOST and i think peoples pissed off feelings for them both will change soon :).

Whohas being moaning?

Naveen Andrews.

Charlie will die plugging in the electric cable into the bottom of the sea, thus enabling outside world contact through a sonar beacon. Moy Guess!

• Advertisement

The sonar beacon is only used to bring subs IN to the Island, it has nothing to do with contacting the outside world. Thats what the flame was for. There is no power on the Island anymore due to the suposed EMP and there is no way to get supplies to the Island to fix the equipment meaning contact with the outside world is impossible.

Advertisement