Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia N70 Video Question

• 29-04-2007 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

I just got myself a shiney new mobile, a Nokia N70, and I got a 2gb card for it. What video formats will it play and what software can I use to convert AVI, MPG or MPEG files to play on it? Preferrably freeware or shareware if possible.

Any advice appreciated. Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I just found out that Nokia does a Video Manager. It might be just what I'm looking for. I'll let you know how it works out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

it'll play mp4 too which are better quality than 3gp. it even records in mp4

Just getting sound no video.:mad:
    I have been on to the Nokia site and updated PC suite and the phone firmware.

Any ideas anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

I played around with Nokia's Video Manager the other week and although it looks nice and appears to work - it doesn't. The video files it produces are *junk* regardless of what I tried to encode (WMV, MOV, etc). I thought it was just me until I read this...

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/5212_Smartmovie_vs_Nokia_Video_Mana.php

Hopefully the next version will, er, work ?!

- Neil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i use xilisoft 3gp converter and it definitely 100% costs money and there's no way around that

• Advertisement

I got a program on a Cover Disk CD called "Acala 3GP Movies Free".
    It worked first time with no problems.
    A half-hour show 286k converted to 30k.
    Wahoo a result.:D

Advertisement