Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WC Tables

• 29-04-2007 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else think tables are having a serious detrimental effect on the quality of the matches? The cushion bounces are ridiculous. Ken got an awful one at a crucial moment and I've seen at least 20 others. There's a serious drift on the cloths aswell with a lot of deadweight pots drifting off course. All in all its made for some desperately scrappy frames and probably turned a few matches along the way.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

They do seem especially bad this year. They did re-cloth them late last night, thought not sure if cushions were changed aswell.
    Judging on what I saw today, I would doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ryanah

zuutroy wrote:
    Does anyone else think tables are having a serious detrimental effect on the quality of the matches? The cushion bounces are ridiculous. Ken got an awful one at a crucial moment and I've seen at least 20 others. There's a serious drift on the cloths aswell with a lot of deadweight pots drifting off course. All in all its made for some desperately scrappy frames and probably turned a few matches along the way.

I was at the Crucible when that game you mentioned occured, I was also there when they re covered the table the following day. Only the bed of the table was covered, the cushions werent, but still the professionals said that the new cloth was out of this world, and the cushions playing marvellously.
    The cloth that was used on the bed of the table came off the same roll of cloth as the other one. So, the question needs to be asked... Are the professionals and the commentators talking a load of Bull**** ?
    Also remember that a ball played against the nap of the cloth can drift off up to 3" on the length of the table, depending on the size of the nap. Most professionals, and good amateurs allow for this when playing a shot.

Advertisement