Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election Posters Up

Options
  • 29-04-2007 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

On every effin lamp post. This is where our pot hole money has gone to. I wish those knacker taggers would sparay each and every one of those smirking mugs. They won't be getting my vote for their excessiveness.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

anyone familair with the <snip>? he'd look alot like hitler if he has a tash on his face.. he is also racist i asked him before what he would do to improve the situation for homeless people and he said deport the blacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Mainstay

On the Malahide Road, the knackers did more then tag them, they set a few of them on fire. Walking by them and I saw Berties face on fire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

its so annoying.there bloody EVERYWHERE.i think i seen 200,000 posters in a 10 minute journey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

Mainstay wrote:
    On the Malahide Road, the knackers did more then tag them, they set a few of them on fire. Walking by them and I saw Berties face on fire

don't know if knacker is the right word! berties face on fire the only way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

boreds wrote:
    On every effin lamp post. This is where our pot hole money has gone to. I wish those knacker taggers would sparay each and every one of those smirking mugs. They won't be getting my vote for their excessiveness.

The money comes out of the candidates own pockets no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i could not believe the speed with which the posters went up today. if only they acted as fast on the issues that actually matter. typical politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I work with a guy who was/is putting them up, i told him i'd be waiting with a gun if he put one near my house. Haven't seen any yet.

Something to rip down on a drunken rampage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭sportswear

hi ferdi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭sportswear

no i believe it comes out of your tax money in an assigned election budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Turkilton

boreds wrote:

Bitch Bitch Bitch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

http://www.electionsireland.org/result.cfm?election=2002B&cons=142%20&ref=122

If you get a certain percentage of the vote you can claim expenses, within certain rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Turkilton wrote:
    Bitch Bitch Bitch

Welcome to Boards Turkilton, this is what it's mostly about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭scaramanga

theres one of micky d higgins bout 5 feet up outside nuig! odds of 100/1 it will still be there in morning:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Election posters should be banned. They should be made to do something to grab the publics attention other than a race to see who can put up posters fastest!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I've never seen this volume of election posters up, it's a little over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

ferdi wrote:
    i could not believe the speed with which the posters went up today. if only they acted as fast on the issues that actually matter. typical politicians.

They seem to have outdone themselves this time around. Every bloody pole has a smiling crook looking down at you.
    The speed with which they are putting them up is impressive. Going to work
    one morning i was amazed to see that every pole on both sides of the road
    was taken up, poles that had been bare the evening before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Is it illegal to pull an election poster down?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Here in Tramore/Waterford they have been up the past week..

Vandalised already. Supprised at how they reached some of them!

Today was the first time I saw Berties go up. Apart from maybe one or two in a bus shelter or those display units outside the shops.

Final Fail were the first I saw up with posters, then Fine Gael, then Indos.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I've never seen this volume of election posters up, it's a little over the top.
    why? sure didn't it work so well for royston brady last time...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

i just saw some people put up sinn fein posters today, they did them really quick. there was also a couple of guys putting up the bertie ones. i was waitin for a fight to start between them :D
    it didnt happen :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

why? sure didn't it work so well for royston brady last time...
    LMAO, Royston Brady!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭GAA widow

boreds wrote:

I was driving into Cork and saw these two elderly ladies on the wrong side of seventy trying to remove an election poster from an ESB post outside (obviously) one of their houses with the handle of a brush.... the poor things in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

GAA widow wrote:
    I was driving into Cork and saw these two elderly ladies on the wrong side of seventy trying to remove an election poster from an ESB post outside (obviously) one of their houses with the handle of a brush.... the poor things in fairness!
    The mental image makes me LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Judt

I wouldn't mind them putting them up so long as they'd bother to take them back down again afterwards... Still, it was funny, I went for a walk this morning without checking the news wondering why I was seeing teams of bees running around putting up posters. Didn't click till I saw the news. I find it ironic in this day and age of "Protect the environment!!!!" that we put half the forests of Europe up on lampposts for three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Judt wrote:
    I wouldn't mind them putting them up so long as they'd bother to take them back down again afterwards...

Supposedly they get fined if they are up beyond a certain time.

Remember: ask not what you can do for your TD, ask what your TD has done for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

I went to my parents house this morning...on the way back there was at least four times as many posters...amazing how quick they do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I think they're great. The streets look so pretty now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I suupose it would be too much to ask that they remove the cable ties when they remove the posters after the election?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

It disturbs me from driving when i see the face of bertie and harney staring at me, yuck. Bit like the 1984 big brother.

When i see the slogan "The next steps". I always think, yeah, the sound of your feet leaving office

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement