Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election Posters Up

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

boreds wrote:
    On every effin lamp post. This is where our pot hole money has gone to. I wish those knacker taggers would sparay each and every one of those smirking mugs. They won't be getting my vote for their excessiveness.

does anyone know ehre to get them printed, i want to do manbearpig ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Can anyone put them up then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

I was just thinking the same thing, Can anyone put up posters of themselves during this period? That could lead to all kinds of fun.
    Oh and has anyone noticed how bad the Fine Gael posters are done, looks like waxwork dummies, very bad photoshop editing. And in general, how much make up are the poster guys wearing anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

same whankers probably think nothing about flinging their fag butts all over the place and generally going through life imposing on society,and making f all contribution to wellbeing of others.
    Now here is a perfect example of a self fullfilling prophecy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

tweedle dee and tweedle dum
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/thebaz/479009894/

quick edit :-)

• Advertisement

thebaz wrote:
    tweedle dee and tweedle dum

quick edit :-)
    It's been deleted?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ballroom blitz

Left the house yesterday morning to be greeted by pictures of Bertie all over the city centre. Not something you want to see on a sunday morning!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Bambi wrote:
    Is there not certain councils that have banned these things? I mean if you're relying on plastering your mug around the neighborhood to get elected it says a lot about our democracy.
    The issue of banning posters was raised in Dublin City Council a few years ago, the Green Party were the first to object, followed by Labour and Sinn Fein. Only two councillors didn't object, one FG and Maurice Ahern. The objections were based on the theory that the smaller parties could not afford to advertise/campaign using other methods so it was unfair.
    It's the sheer waste caused by the posters that I can't stand.
    Judt wrote:
    I wouldn't mind them putting them up so long as they'd bother to take them back down again afterwards...

I find it ironic in this day and age of "Protect the environment!!!!" that we put half the forests of Europe up on lampposts for three weeks.

They do take them down, they have a certain date they must have them down by, if they don't then you make a complaint, a photo is taken of the offending poster and the candidate gets fined. They are leniant on the fine though and usually just issue a warning.
    The posters are made from plastic, plastic doesn't come from rainforests. PHAKT

ciaranfo wrote:
    It's been deleted?

Sorry , there back now --

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Took a spin up to Clarehall Shopping Centre on the Malahide Road yesterday. The boyos in the halting site next door and ripping them down and burning them.

So for possibly the first time ever, I want to praise travellers! Fair play lads, ye had have the balls to do what a lot of us want to do.

Not condoning any other sort of vandalism though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

the posters are definitely a bit much imo, but there has been some amoutn of sh1te posted here to be fair. all this Gov dont do anything for me, and if they cant get elected without posters they shouldnt be in.... as someone says most people dont even vote.
    if you dont liek the way things are done then why not run for it yourslef seeing as you are all highly moral and suitable canditates, hence the ability to attack others who are tryin to raise the barr for everyone. im not supporting any particular party but to be fair to the present government, minimum wage, employment, roads etc have all be vastly improved over the last 10 years nearly beyond recognition, im not saying its perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but show me somewhere that is?

the posters are definitely a bit much imo, but there has been some amoutn but to be fair to the present government, minimum wage, employment, roads etc have all be vastly improved over the last 10 years nearly beyond recognition, im not saying its perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but show me somewhere that is?

i agree that the current Govt., have done good with economy , and Norn Iron, but the roads ?? maybe its just in Dublin, but Bord Gais and there sub contrators (Sierra and CGL) seam to be digging up every road and footpath in Dublin .. and they don't seam too concerned in tidying up the mess, its just on to the next road and footpath to dig up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Do you know the funny bit about this???

Two thirds of the fat arses who have posted here won't shift their load down to the polling stations to vote.
    They will bitch till the day is long and moan, but ask them to do even ONEpositive deed during this election...nah.... Couldn't be arsed Guv.

At least the goons who put up the posters have done SOMETHING for nothing instead of whinging and caterwauling about the environment.

same whankers probably think nothing about flinging their fag butts all over the place and generally going through life imposing on society,and making f all contribution to wellbeing of others.

Why the sudden personal attack on a poster who tries to speak the truth
    Does that not strike people as strange,what's the word i'm looking for... hypocracy.. yeah thatl'l do
    :rolleyes:

If we had better looking politicians then maybe it wouldn't be so bad but having to look at that ugly bunch till the election is a bit much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I'm not voting. That's my democratic right. When someone comes along I deem worthy I will happily make the trip on polling day, but for now don't start with the everyone should vote speech cos frankly I couldn't be arsed.
    If the choice is Idiot A, Idiot B or No Vote, then it's an easy decision.

Savman wrote:
    I'm not voting. That's my democratic right. When someone comes along I deem worthy I will happily make the trip on polling day, but for now don't start with the everyone should vote speech cos frankly I couldn't be arsed.
    So true. Would you rather me shot with an Uzi or a Glock? The end results the same.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I think they're great posters. I've been looking for something to shoot at with my new bb gun since christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Savman wrote:

I doubt if Fidel is fit enough to travel;)

micmclo wrote:
    Took a spin up to Clarehall Shopping Centre on the Malahide Road yesterday. The boyos in the halting site next door and ripping them down and burning them.

So for possibly the first time ever, I want to praise travellers! Fair play lads, ye had have the balls to do what a lot of us want to do.

Not condoning any other sort of vandalism though.

Great to see the travellers getting involved in the election,I always said it wasn't all about knowing your rights without knowing your responsibilities.

It'l cost them a fortune in black bin tags though to get red of the mess,must drop by on my way past and give 'em a contribution.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Only been up what, two days now, and already half the FF posters in my area are smashed up. And with the amount up for "Wicklows very own Minister", there'll be a lot more smashing to be done. And cos its Dick Roche, it makes it all the better. You'd think the Minister for the Environment wouldnt go around littering like this would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,506 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I get a very small amount of entertainment from assuring all of them that, yes, I'll give them my No. 1.

• Advertisement

Hmmm good man ,good man, If i didn't know you better i'd say....

"There goes an 18 carat wimp and nerd"

But I know you are not of course;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Alter-Ego wrote:
    Something to rip down on a drunken rampage.

During the local elections I came home one night with a lovely poster of the local PD candidate. Then I propped it up in the fire place and went to bed. It took a full day and a half before anyone else noticed that it was there, and about 3 days for me to remember that it was actually me who brought it home. Effective poster campaign - I think not!

I really really don't think that the posters should be put up on road traffic signs i.e. just below a stop sign, yield sign etc. It really is distracting when you're trying to concentrate, especially on the speed signs :mad:

At this point I really think its visual pollution like, on one junction I counted 27 posters. Thats 27 posters within 20 meters of each other!! Another thing that makes me dislike the Irish political system.

"There goes an 18 carat wimp and nerd"

But I know you are not of course;)

Was that directed at my giving everyone a promise of a no. 1 vote? What's wrong with me giving them the sort of promises they are giving me? It also saves a lot of time on pointless discussion on recently invented and futureless 'issues'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I seen a bus eireann bus with labour party written all over it.It looked really cool.was wrapped with there slogan and details

looksee wrote:
    Was that directed at my giving everyone a promise of a no. 1 vote? What's wrong with me giving them the sort of promises they are giving me? It also saves a lot of time on pointless discussion on recently invented and futureless 'issues'.

It certainly was my friend.

If you can't see anything shallow and and cowardly in that statement I am not going to bother to tell you.

drdre wrote:
    I seen a bus eireann bus with labour party written all over it.It looked really cool.was wrapped with there slogan and details

I SAW a bus eireann................................

Hmmm, good man, good man. If I didn't know you better I'd say..... ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

ZOMG! I just saw the posters in Fairview (Dublin 3) today..... words cannot describe it. :eek:

If you can't see anything shallow and and cowardly in that statement I am not going to bother to tell you.

Time was that to accuse someone of cowardice would have resulted in pistols at dawn. Later it was a word that could have an 18 year old in front of a firing squad. Now it won't even get someone banned from a chatroom thread. Thats not particularly a bad thing, but it does seem like a rather emotive term to use about the futile and irritating occupation of doorstepping by political supporters.

Why is it any different for me to see off one of these pestiferous people in the same way I would get rid of a telephone cold caller? If they want to put their leaflets through my door, thats fine. But why should I interrupt preparing or eating a meal, or relaxing in front of the television, or whatever else I might be doing, to enter into discussion with an earnest, grinning puppet who generally has only a vague notion of his candidate's policies?
    Promises are easy for the candidate to make, why should I make life any more difficult for myself?

Nowhere have I said that I will not study form on the candidates, but I will do it in my own time. Try and get a bit of perspective and stop being so selfrighteous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

drdre wrote:

Thats the labour campaign bus. Mysterious goings on in there I'd say..... ¬_¬

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement