Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FM104 Open Mic - using BOARDS for topics!

• 29-04-2007 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

This is about the third week in a row that I've heard FM104's Open Mic with Mike Hogan using boards.ie for its topics.

Last week they were asking callers to talk about things starting with "I hate it when..." and kept using examples that I had seen in the thread on "After Hours" (can't be arsed finding a link :p )

Tonight they're talking about school tours and have already used the Coke Bus and farms, as discussed on "All Things Retro" : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055066696.

How do people not notice this?

(Hi Mike :D )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats the trouble with open source material....

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭superdudeman007

It's still a wonder no one noticed though

EDIT : I just texted in to complain and he said "I think I might have done that once or twice"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

#Elites wrote:
    who cares? he said he got the info from a "internet forum"

so..whats the problem?

Exactly !!

It's like somebody on the after hours page on here starting a thread about something they heard on the radio that evening....

and somebody else following up with another thread

BOARDS user posts thread on same subject as THE LAST WORD ON TODAY FM

No big deal about either really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

#Elites wrote:
    who cares? he said he got the info from a "internet forum"

so..whats the problem?

Exactly !!

It's like somebody on the after hours page on here starting a thread about something they heard on the radio that evening....

and somebody else following up with another thread

BOARDS user posts thread on same subject as THE LAST WORD ON TODAY FM

No big deal about either really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭superdudeman007

Well they could at least rename it "the Boards.ie After Hours Show" - they do a topic from Boards at least once a week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I'm not suprised this site is used for show prep. It's probably one of the best sources of localised public opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

It just got mentioned on air again and he mentioned this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is he a lurker or a registered member I wonder?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

#Elites wrote:
    Yeah that was me who sent in that text saying stop using boards

Umm why?

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 super-hero

ok so now that were talking bout open mic, does anybody know the name of the song or the band who plays the song that he played last night. it was really rock sounding, and i cant remember lyrics except for in the middle all the instruments went quiet and the guy sings "im gonna die here" or something like that. thanks if you can help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

The song lyrics you gave sound like Bell X1 - Bad Skin Day.

Why would anyone feel they have the right to text in a DJ and tell him/her not to use a website for sourcing material??

Do you own Boards.ie I something? The guy is giving the website exposure on the biggest Dublin radio station and you are moaning about it? :confused:

Originally he said someone emailed him with ideas :rolleyes:

He only mentioned Boards when people started complaining and he mentioned this thread.

(I predict a comment from Mark Noble in the next few days. Something along the lines of "I'm the programme manager on FM104 and we have never ...")

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Big Balls wrote:
    The song lyrics you gave sound like Bell X1 - Bad Skin Day.

Why would anyone feel they have the right to text in a DJ and tell him/her not to use a website for sourcing material??

Do you own Boards.ie I something? The guy is giving the website exposure on the biggest Dublin radio station and you are moaning about it? :confused:

I wouldn't be at all surprised at the trivial things Joe public takes issue with. Have you ever read the BCC annual report, Man there are some sad people in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭MarkN

jb91 wrote:

(I predict a comment from Mark Noble in the next few days. Something along the lines of "I'm the programme manager on FM104 and we have never ...")

I'm not the Programme Director for any radio station. PM me if you have a problem as you're taking the thread completely off topic!

MarkN wrote:
    I'm not the Programme Director for any radio station. PM me if you have a problem as you're taking the thread completely off topic!

Music somethingorother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

It's a terible show anyway, and yer man Hogan is a woeful presenter.

Not as bad as Kennedy though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

jb91 wrote:
    Not as bad as Kennedy though
    Damn straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Is Mike gone now, I just overheard it last night and there's a new guy on who's even worse!!

Ruairi Carroll. Newsreader turned clone of Mike Hogan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

Is Mike gone now, I just overheard it last night and there's a new guy on who's even worse!!

it was his first day! give the guy a break!

FM104 is a great station- i work there :cool:

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

seriously, it was his first day.. its quite a big change from news to DJ'ing, dont u lot concur?

so give him a break, and sure next sunday give him some support ;)

DanOB wrote:
    seriously, it was his first day.. its quite a big change from news to DJ'ing, dont u lot concur?

so give him a break, and sure next sunday give him some support ;)
    Is there an automated thing for if there's a problem in studio? Maybe it wasn't Ruairi's fault but throughout the show lastnight the sound was awful. His mic was at a much lower volume than the phone lines. And a good few times jingles and random songs started playing for a few seconds out of the blue. Ruairi didn't seem to know at all.

:confused:

Advertisement