Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog trouble

Options
  • 29-04-2007 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi,
    A few days before Christmas, a stray dog (Springer spaniel) arrived on my doorstep the night I moved into my new house. We tried to find the owner but as we live in the country, my friend in the ISPCA said it was most likely an abandoned as it was/is a nervous little thing and was probably not any good as a hunting dog. We decided to keep her. She has been great and slowly coming out of her shell. However, our only problem is that when she gets excited, she pees right then and there, it does not matter if this is inside or outside the house. Is there a way we can stop this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

She'll probably grow out of it, I had a cocker spaniel who used to do the same thing, they just get overly excited when visitors arrive.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

I knew a springer who did the same thing, purely out of nerves as well. She did stop, but we don't know why that happened.
    How about trying to retrain her to think to control her bladder, Like putting her outside anytime she does have a leak.

Or you could try something like this. Not sure i would though, but i can see the advantages of them, especially if a dog is old and continously incocntinent.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tap28

Thanks for the replys. She is about 1 1/2 years old. There is a local dog trainer a couple of miles away, I think I will take her there and have a talk with him. Will let you know how I get on.

Advertisement