Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gmail Client on three mobile BB

• 29-04-2007 11:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭

I've downloaded the gmail client onto my N95. Over wifi it works fine as does realplayer with orb. However using the three access point, no applications can connect to the internet. Normal web browsing is fine though.

Is anyone using other Three APN settings or a proxy service to get java applications to access the net?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

3's mobile add on seems to be hit and miss at the moment. It works for some people, but not for others. They could never get mine working, and said it "may take a few months to get fixed", so I eventually had to return my phone and SIM pack, as I have to use it for business and can't live with a service that's up and down like a yo-yo.

Your best bet is to call customer service and report the fault. Have you done that? It sounds like your add on has not been provisioned correctly. This also seems to have happened to people who ported their numbers. Taking the add on off and re adding it, I have heard, has solved it for some. It does not sound like you are doing anything wrong on your end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭trixter

I too would be interested in APN settings that allow more than the proxy only port 80 restricted molested webpage service that currently I am able to get.

From what I do know after 1 day of mapping stuff on the 3 network (I am going to get more serious tools, right now I am doing it from a phone) is that they route all internet traffic to the UK before it gets out to other providers. This implies (but does not specifically confirm) that UK APN settings would work.

The DNS servers that I see hitting my box are from the UK, the proxy server too is in the UK.

I have been able to establish a bluetooth connection, dial *99# and connect, although that connection keeped getting dropped after 1 second of idle time, I tried *99***2# to use an alternate profile, which seemed to have better uptime, although looking in the phone it *appears* that '3' connection that came preconfigured was cloned when I specified this profile.

My phone currently doesnt have the ability to view configured connections, and I am unsure at this point if its my phone that is causing me grief or not, in terms of forwarding everything to the proxy. I do plan on experimenting a bit more in the near future, although I will be out of the country soon and probably wont play much there.

My ultimate goal is to either get a proper vpn set up or at least a SSH tunnel using pockeTTY (windows mobile client that can do SSH port formwarding). If I could get unmolested internet that would be a huge start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

I've no problems here using gmail, fring, or many other S60 apps on my N73

Settings for APN are
    Connection Name: 3
    Data Bearer: packet data
    Access Point Name: 3ireland.ie
    User name: None
    Prompt Password: No
    Password: <not used>
    Authentication: Normal
    Homepage: http://mobile.3ireland.ie/hb/HutchKey

No use in phoning 3 with problems on N95 as they don't support it, or any other phones that are unavailable on their network.
    Can you reproduce the problem on your original phone?

When I got the 3BB it was working for first hour - then stopped. Phoned 3 who said it there was a problem in the provisioning and that it was provisioned against the original 3 sim card number, not my ported number. The rep tore down the 3BB connection and restarted, and I was up and running in 2 hrs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

RikD wrote:
    I've no problems here using gmail, fring, or many other S60 apps on my N73

Settings for APN are
    Connection Name: 3
    Data Bearer: packet data
    Access Point Name: 3ireland.ie
    User name: None
    Prompt Password: No
    Password: <not used>
    Authentication: Normal
    Homepage: http://mobile.3ireland.ie/hb/HutchKey

No use in phoning 3 with problems on N95 as they don't support it, or any other phones that are unavailable on their network.
    Can you reproduce the problem on your original phone?

When I got the 3BB it was working for first hour - then stopped. Phoned 3 who said it there was a problem in the provisioning and that it was provisioned against the original 3 sim card number, not my ported number. The rep tore down the 3BB connection and restarted, and I was up and running in 2 hrs.

I have the exact same problem on my K610i that came with the £ sim. Gmail cannot connect. I'll ring in saying I have an N73 as it's close enough to the N95.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

@jimmycrackcorm
    Why don't you tell them you have a k610i? They sell it and should support it? Or did I miss something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

ciaranfo wrote:
    @jimmycrackcorm
    Why don't you tell them you have a k610i? They sell it and should support it? Or did I miss something?
    I guess he suggested the OP to call in and tell 3 he got an N73 instead of an N95! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Rang them and no help. They figured it was an N95 anyway.

Advertisement