Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Skills.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭iloveireland

does anyone else have any videos that they can post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

probably the best one of those videos i've seen so far, wonder what he's like in a match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

probably the best one of those videos i've seen so far, wonder what he's like in a match?

He plays for Aberdeen , hes 27 and you have never heard of him. So what do you think hes like in a match???

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

that was the first guy though...

2nd guy doesnt seem to play for anyone neither does 3rd.
    I would be of the opinion that the fact they are juggling on streets for pennies is that they are **** at playing football.

Freestyling is a load of arse tbh "whoo look at me i can juggle with my feet". A bit of a travesty they earn money for being failures at football.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

I wouldn't call it a travesty, they can do things that very few can do with a football, why shouldn't they benefit from it in some way?

I wouldn't call it a travesty, they can do things that very few can do with a football, why shouldn't they benefit from it in some way?

I can juggle like that, the hail mary kinda thing where you flick the ball up and get your foot over and under it, can i have money please from you or nike now thanks? Can also flick it from behind and catch it on my neck.

Lol if i did that in a match ,wonder what size boot i would get in the ass.

Why it annoys me that players like Trundle (good player for his level) and Ndo(shame about FIFA laws) dont make as much as these guys but do it on the pitch in a far more entertaining way every week for their clubs. Im sure there are many others who play real football every week but dont get as much as these chuggers who juggle on streets for charity.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

third guy is definately the most impressive in my opinion....

Freestyling is very pleaseing on the eye but obviously doesnt prove footballing skills.... these guys could lack pace power and all mental attributes needed to be a good footballer.

KdjaCL wrote:
    dont get as much as these chuggers who juggle on streets for charity.

kdjac

You definatley can not put these people in the same boat as chuggers!!

They are entertaining to a large amount of people (more then I can say about Joey Ndo :p )

shoutman wrote:
    You definatley can not put these people in the same boat as chuggers!!

They are entertaining to a large amount of people (more then I can say about Joey Ndo :p )

Those pikeys on grafton street who sing are entertaining also the Ice man but thats entertainment much like the above freestylers (cant believe Nike created a name for it) its not football and only way it has place on a pitch is if done under pressure and results if a player gaining space or skinning someone.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

KdjaCL wrote:
    2nd guy doesnt seem to play for anyone neither does 3rd.
    I would be of the opinion that the fact they are juggling on streets for pennies is that they are **** at playing football.

Freestyling is a load of arse tbh "whoo look at me i can juggle with my feet". A bit of a travesty they earn money for being failures at football.

kdjac

They just happen to do something particularly well just like football players do something well.

If people find it entertaining they should make money. I have never met you but I would bet money you cant do those things as well as those men.

I can run with a ball at my feet, beat players, cross the ball and score goals but I can do none of them as good as a pro footballer.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4776181634656145640

there is no difference between those lads and this guy and tbh i would pay to see this guy as at least he is good at his job, good enough to do it a full level and not showboating for pennies.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Those pikeys on grafton street who sing are entertaining also the Ice man but thats entertainment much like the above freestylers (cant believe Nike created a name for it) its not football and only way it has place on a pitch is if done under pressure and results if a player gaining space or skinning someone.

kdjac

Entertaining me arse, I have never seen a crowd around the singing pikeys or the people who try to get money cause they paint their face a certain colour and dont move....

I have no doubt that if you had one of those guys from the video doing their stuff on grafton street they would have a crowd.

shoutman wrote:
    I have no doubt that if you had one of those guys from the video doing their stuff on grafton street they would have a crowd.

And how many "normal" people who play football walking by going " like to see him try that **** with a jersey on and a full pitch".

Its juggling with a football, how its related to Soccer/Football i dont know.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    And how many "normal" people who play football walking by going " like to see him try that **** with a jersey on and a full pitch".

Its juggling with a football, how its related to Soccer/Football i dont know.

kdjac

yeah it's juggling, an art form more than a sport i guess. i think its extremely impressive nonetheless, just because it doesn't necessarily relate to the pitch doesn't mean it shouldn't be appreciated. I can't do that sh*t, but i'd be fairly confident of getting a few crunching tackles in on the pitch against them.

i wouldn't call them failures, more successful at a new emerging sub-discipline. whether you like it or not, "freestyling" (or whatver crap you wanna call it) is growing and its demanded by certain fan elements. its certainly not a travesty that they get money for something they are good at and put a lot of time into.

i wouldn't call them failures, more successful at a new emerging sub-discipline. whether you like it or not, "freestyling" (or whatver crap you wanna call it) is growing and its demanded by certain fan elements. its certainly not a travesty that they get money for something they are good at and put a lot of time into.

But i would they all had trials etc: went tru the process some made it further than others but they dont get paid to play football at any level so i would call them failures. Now they are jugglers.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    But i would they all had trials etc: went tru the process some made it further than others but they dont get paid to play football at any level so i would call them failures. Now they are jugglers.

kdjac

they can also do things that many professional footballers cannot. i would call them successful in that regard.

KdjaCL wrote:

kdjac

How do you know they have all gone through the trials process etc.... some of them may have set out just to get good at "freestyling" as im sure they all dont think they are the unfound next pele.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

In fairness there is alot of difference between being good at keepy up and the ability of maintaining your cool when some of the worlds best defenders are fast approaching you as you run for goal.

Unlike most people those old Nike ads (havent seen one in years by now) that usually featured big names pulling off impossible CGI enhanced moves kind of annoyed me.

The Brazil one in the airport in 98 was great, but I thought a load of the rest were muck (didnt at all rate the one with the lads on the boat with Cantona as ref around 2002, or the one where some players were chasing the Man U bus or something)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

KdjaCL wrote:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4776181634656145640

there is no difference between those lads and this guy and tbh
    i would pay to see this guy as at least he is good at his job, good enough to do it a full level and not showboating for pennies.

kdjac

Exactly, they are both entertainers and what they do takes immense skill. I have never heard any of them claiming they are great footballers. What exactly is your point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

they can also do things that many professional footballers cannot.

What?! You obviously haven't seen the likes of John O'shea freestyling :)

I've yet to watch the videos. But I used to like the Nike ones where the guy just danced about pulling off breakdance moves while keeping the ball in the air. I've little respect for keepy ups or the likes!

Advertisement