Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bomb!!!!!!

• 30-04-2007 7:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

Jesus Christ on a bike!!!

That was some explosion to wake up to!!!

Granted it was the loudest band of thunder I've ever heard in my life...

But I thought it was some sort of Kilkenny based suicide bomber...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

??? what happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

Lightning strike and thunderclap. Probably within a mile or so of the Viewmount/Powerscourt area of the Dunmore road. Bombs sound a bit different to thunder.

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

My house shook!

Amazing what Mother Nature can provide to the Dunmore Road residents :)

I wouldnt fancy being on the Municipal golf course when that fella hit the ground!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Yep, sounded like it wet off right above my house. I thought it was a bomb too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

mornin :D

i'm in the dunmore road area too, guess that says it all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Well I thought my place had been targeted! (Scotch Quay)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

your telling me i was half dozing in the bed, next minute Kaboom, never have i jumped outta bed so fast in me life, next minute i was looking out the window i thought a plane had hit some where close or a bomb had gone off or something, didnt see anything at all, the mother then came out and said it was thunder is all, was forecast last night, this from a woman whose scared ****less of thunder lol, it felt like it was right over head out in viewmount and yes the house did shake

:eek:

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭JPA

In Ardkeen Village and I too thought a bomb had gone off. I'd just woken, saw the lightning then KABOOM! Loudest thunder I'd ever heard.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Was getting ready for work and had all the windows open in my room cause the place was rosten, it was really fantastic

The flash was pretty good but the sound was just brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Ah, I wasnt the only witness so.. thought a bomb had gone off or something nearby.
    One minute I am dozing away, next thing there is this almighty bang, scared the **** out of me.

Pity this little storm was during the morning.. if it was during the night, it would have been more impressive to watch.. we get thunderstorms so infrequently and I enjoy watching the good ones.. even more fun when the power goes out, all that was affected this morning was the NTL, but then, the NTL goes off for the slightest reason anyway :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Only got home from work at about four this mornin' so you can imagine how I felt to get woken up by this! It must have been over everyones house so cause I swear it was over mine in Cherrymount. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pathetic! I was at work and yes I heard the bang 10 miles away! :D

Mike.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

........., but then, the NTL goes off for the slightest reason anyway :p

Shhhh, it knows your talking about it, now it won't be working when you go home this evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

i think the whole town heard this. every1 is talkin about it. it was VERY loud i was woke up by it and i usually sleep like a rock, sounded like it was right over my house and im in larchville!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Yeah... standing in the shower at 7.40 with the window slightly open, didn't see any flash, and then all of a sudden, KABOOM! I swear, the whole house rattled. I'm out by Ballinakill by the way. So it wasn't just me who thought it sounded like a bomb or an industrial explosion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

So was it definately round the Hospital area then? Cause im right in the centre of Viewmount and to be honest it scared me ****less!!! Never heard anything like it in my life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Cabaal wrote:
    Shhhh, it knows your talking about it, now it won't be working when you go home this evening
    Crap.. and its still not sorted.. :mad: :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah i thought it was right above my house too. I am in Ardkeen village too. It was the most impressive thunder I have heard in my life!!

Crap.. and its still not sorted.. :mad: :p

Analogue and BB is working for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

It set the alarm off in my neighbours house and the rattle was enough to knock one of her plates off the draining board onto the ground. Must have been pretty close to us!
    Is NTL back btw? I'm in work atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭JPA

NTL not back for me.
    No tv and internet make me something something.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

NTL is still b0rked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I was coming down the Rockshire Rd. when I saw the flash come right down the sky. It looked like it was out the general Dunmore rd. direction and from ferrybank it sounded like a bomb had gone off. My mother was convinced the house next door was after falling down

^^^Lol

THats strange NTL is grand for me here in ardkeen village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

lads face it we angryed the hurling gods on sunday :D:D:D

but wat has to be done has to be done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

pp_me129 wrote:
    lads face it we angryed the hurling gods on sunday :D:D:D

but wat has to be done has to be done

Yes the atmosphere in Waterford was electric on Monday Morning:D

Advertisement