Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush & Lusk train station - field closed?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

tom dunne wrote:
    We have a similar problem in Enfield train station where there isn't enough parking spaces, so what do they do? They start clamping people who park on the street.

The only alternative is to stay in the car and keep driving.

So what do you suggest as a solution? Is it acceptable to turn a residential estate into a car park daily?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Is it acceptable to turn a residential estate into a car park daily?

Yes, if the estate contains parking spaces when no others are available.

Hill Billy wrote:
    Yes, if the estate contains parking spaces when no others are available.

It depends what you define as a parking space. If someone was to park directly outside my house everyday for 8-12 hours everyday, I would be forced to take action. I can understand it in high density areas but not in a residential area in a small town.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

So what do you suggest as a solution? Is it acceptable to turn a residential estate into a car park daily?

That is exactly what happens in Balbriggan since all the street parking was made in to pay parknig with a 3 hour maximum.

"If someone was to park directly outside my house everyday for 8-12 hours everyday, I would be forced to take action."

umm it is a public roadway,unless you have designate parking spaces outsdie your house instead of driveways?

It depends what you define as a parking space.
    A space where one may park one's car. In a residential area this would be at the kerbside, as long as there were no official signs to indicate that it was for private parking only.
    If someone was to park directly outside my house everyday for 8-12 hours everyday, I would be forced to take action.
    What action? Why? Just because the road is outside your house you do not have any claim over it.
    I can understand it in high density areas but not in a residential area in a small town.
    Why not? If the train station happens to be adjacent to a residential area in a small town with very limited parking near it people are going to park there.

What do you expect them to do? Drive to the nearest "high density area", park there & then walk the rest of the way to the station?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Hill Billy wrote:
    What do you expect them to do? Drive to the nearest "high density area", park there & then walk the rest of the way to the station?

It seems the council expected the residents of Rush & Lusk to walk the half hour or god forbid cycle to that train station in all kinds of weather on those dangerous roads.

Funny thing is Fingal actually pride themselves on good planning, especially when you read their website!

Hill Billy wrote:

Well I know for a fact that some of the people that park in the residential area beside Enfield train station live in Enfield, but cant be arsed walking the maximum 10 minute walk it would take to get to the station. For a start I would expect these people to walk...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Any update on the bus situation to rush and lusk train station

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭keithrus

Sent mail to Trevor seargant & Tom Morrissey (not elected)

Dear Sirs,

Will you still be providing bus services to Rush & Lusk like you did on the election campaign? This would be a valuable service to us all in the area.

Regards,

Wonder what the response will be

keithrus wrote:
    Sent mail to Trevor seargant & Tom Morrissey
    Why not include the other elected representatives? The Fianna Failers will most likely be in a better position than the rest to influence a satisfactory resolution to the problem. Any Reilly too - as a "local" lad he should be wading in there with all guns blazing for his new constituents.

• Advertisement

Wehoo,

either sore looser or someone is using his account..

from tom morrissey...

thanks, maybe I will, would you like to be the ticket collector as you would qualify with your experience as a counter boy , tom

Hill Billy wrote:
    Why not include the other elected representatives? The Fianna Failers will most likely be in a better position than the rest to influence a satisfactory resolution to the problem. Any Reilly too - as a "local" lad he should be wading in there with all guns blazing for his new constituents.

BECAUSE, they were the only noted representatives doing it in RUSH and LUSK... geeeez

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

keithrus wrote:
    BECAUSE, they were the only noted representatives doing it in RUSH and LUSK... geeeez

Alright...take it easy mate:rolleyes:

I hate people who dont read all the text.

keithrus wrote:
    I hate people who dont read all the text.

It was unclear from original post as to exactly what you were talking about. Reading "all the text" had nothing to do with it. Don't be so hasty in hating other posters here just because your posts are poorly phrased.

This forum is, by & large, a friendly place for sharing information & opinions with our North Co Dublin neighbours. If you don't wish to get into the spirit of it maybe it is not the place for you. Brighten up there a little! :)

/Wipes blood from mouth after biting tongue very, very hard.

Ah get over yourself hill billy. We all didnt go to private school. Anyway enough of education deralict crap. Maybe Mr Tommy Murphy a local minibus driver could do the job. Has anyone got in touch with him t'all. Talking to politicians seems to be a waste of space. People power all the way i say. If there was a minibus service, cos i think he has a few buses like. He could make a few shillings out of it. A euro a trip. Pick up points like end of st catherines, clifflands estate, palmer rd,down the back to kenure, out by the church & out to the station could be one. Another one would go down thru the town starting at hand park and the like. For Rush anyway. Anyone got ideas for Lusk???

keithrus wrote:
    Ah get over yourself hill billy. We all didnt go to private school. Anyway enough of education deralict crap.

I'll say it again....take it easy mate! There's no need for the attitude. :rolleyes:

As regards the mini-bus...if I remember correctly this has been tried before a number of times and simply there wasn't enough people taking up the offer to make it worth while for the bus operators so it ended. Mind you that was before things got really bad at the station.

catch--22 wrote:
    I'll say it again....take it easy mate! There's no need for the attitude. :rolleyes:

Free speech and all that jazz.

Anyways maybe it should be put to them again as more developments are coming up.

Mabye each town commitee should have it on their AGM thingy. It will be a slow procedure but if ppl are giving out about it then there is no reason why it will not be fixed. U get me catch-22? I see many a sad lonely face walking to either rush or lusk getting home and it looks likely that we are going to have a summer of discontentous weather the way things are going. Back to the subject in hand. Find your local town bloke/bird and get them to put it on their next meeting agenda.

keithrus wrote:
    We all didnt go to private school.
    :confused:
    keithrus wrote:
    Anyway enough of education deralict crap.
    qft :rolleyes:

TBH - Your trolling is becoming boring.

Back on topic:
    I presume that the bus service provided during the election campaign was free for users.
    I say that because there are somewhat prohibitive licencing & insurance issues for small local operators that wish to run scheduled fare services such as one discussed to service the station from Rush & Lusk villages.

keithrus wrote:
    Free speech and all that jazz.
    There's no free speech on boards.ie.

• Advertisement

Strange that people loose out because of Dublin Bus'/Iarnod Eireann's incapability to provide a proper service link for their passengers. Wonder how it works out for those living in portmarnock. Does anyone know?

Hill Billy wrote:
    There's no free speech on boards.ie.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

Apologies to all..... I have a hangover :D:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

keithrus wrote:
    Strange that people loose out because of Dublin Bus'/Iarnod Eireann's incapability to provide a proper service link for their passengers. Wonder how it works out for those living in portmarnock. Does anyone know?

There is a bus from there to Sutton dart station ,for historic reasons and they do have parking at their station too ,though not alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Buck Mulligan

Far be it from me to wade into the middle of a row, but the responsibility for the balls up at the station including local planning, road infrastructure, and parking facilities are all local matters and as such, fall within the remit of the county council. I don't think we give those lads the credit they deserve for the fact that they have made ****e of the place. (i.e the annoying road works currently holding up traffic on the Lusk / Rush road will continue until October at the earliest - 2 sets of roadworks in succession !). The council should provide the bus service ! - - Anybody else agree ?

I agree - the planning is deplorable. However, I think that FCC & IE are equally to blame.

FCC have not given proper thought to any great level of transport infrastructure planning. They probably thought that once the M1 was completed that we'd all be happy. They've been instrumental in the phenomenal growth in North Co Dublin over the past 12-13 years, yet have neglected to plan how to cope with that growth.

(In some cases they've deliberately made matters worse - for example the removal of 100 parking spaces from Skerries town center. Well done! Throw up estates all over the outskirts of the town where there are fcuk all amenities & then reduce the number of parking spaces where people have to travel to shops/banks etc.)

IE too have dismissed customers' issues with parking at practically all stations. FFS - they are a sister company of Dublin Bus and they cannot coordinate the buses to serve the trains?! "Pïss-up" & "Brewery" are words that leap to mind.

A lot of people seem to be passing the buck here!

Hill Billy,

I completly agree with you on this one.. Its the same situ around the whole of the country.. Consider Laois/Kildare as another example. And we thought we were bad. I mean, the same 1 train route is being used despite dublins expansion into the country. Wicklow,Meath, Louth, Kildare will probably be part of the one county at one stage if the growth continues.

Anyway, regarding passing the buck, catch-22. We elect politicians to spend our tax money wisely. Lets hope the votes count for something this term...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

So if the council is responsible does anyone know who we could lobby also when is the town AGM for Rush

• Advertisement

Psygnosis wrote:
    So if the council is responsible does anyone know who we could lobby also when is the town AGM for Rush

The council is responsible for planning (e.g. granting approval for car parking, etc.) and infrastrucuture. CIE are responsible for transport.

As far as I am aware towns don't hold AGMs. Rush Community Council Ltd & Lusk Community Council Ltd will hold AGMsunder the Companies Act, but that does not mean that they will be open to the public.

I would suggest that the people to start lobbying are the new Minister for Transport (whomever they may be) and Rush/Lusk politicians such as Joe Corr & James Reilly.

Advertisement