Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush & Lusk train station - field closed?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭keithrus

Does anyone agree that due to the fact that the towns are getting bigger that debates should become a regular occurance and be able to discuss the towns affairs. Like Rush has a brand new estate 'Golden Ridge'. Lusk has a new little estate. Does anyone know people there? Probably not because of the lack of integration.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Debates at town-level would probably be unmanageable & in my experience of community work - a significant number of locals couldn't be ar$ed putting the effort in.

For what it is worth - if you (as an individual) feel that there is a need to make a change then contact your local residents association or community development committee & get working with them. Use those as vehicles for lobbying FCC, CIE & politicians.

Also, consider taking your suggestions/gripes/issues/whatever to the politicians directly. Most of them hold weekly or monthly clinics for the general public.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Article in Fingal Indo last week indicates that a private bus operator may be offering a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Hi
    Read this as well a couple of months ago it was posted in May sometime anyone got any more info on it,

Thats obviously great news for commuters. If the greens go ahead for alliance with FF, maybe this can be pushed even further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Does any have a update on this

I still see cars parked there when i go by.
    However,not as many as recent days

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

(Thread update :))

I see they have begun to lay the surface for the temporary carpark on the property, which IE have acquired, at the west side of the station . It will hold about 80 cars and should give some respite until the other two permanent carparks are built. In saying that, commuters who haven't used their cars heretofore will probably be tempted to do so thereby cancelling any relief it may bring.

The practise of parking in the field has resumed lately. I'm wondering why the grower left such a large headland after planting recently. Surely that will only encourage people to park there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

First of all I don't know this area but I have been following this thread.

I wonder why the farmer does it.
    I doubt the local commuters approach him and thank him, if the field is closed again then people will start moaning plus he is leaving himself wide open to some legal case if something happens as people are always ready to sue over stupid things.

Fair play to the guy, generous and very trusting

micmclo wrote:
    First of all I don't know this area but I have been following this thread
    Here are a few pics:

Rush and Lusk Train Station.

RushLuskStation.jpg

The official car park which is usually full before 7am.

RushLuskStationCarPark.jpg

The surface being laid for the temporary car park.

RushLuskTemporaryCarPark.jpg

The privately owned field where commuters park.

RushLuskFieldParking.jpg

Prior to being planted, many more cars used to park here.

RushLuskFieldParking5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

There is of course another official car park on the other side not shown.

Bluetonic wrote:
    There is of course another official car park on the other side not shown.
    Yes, I forgot about that one!

A selfish scumbag has decided to respond to the generosity of the landowner by dumping rubble on the headland of the field. :(

Rush-LuskRubble.jpg

A new notice went up recently.

Rush-LuskSign.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

:mad: FFS! Some people!

The temporary car park on the west side of the station appears to have opened today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Think I'll stick to driving to Donabate as per usual.

What sort of idiotic parking have we in the new temporary car park? What happens if a commuter parked in the centre row returns on an early train? :eek:

RushLuskIdioticParking.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

What happens if a commuter parked in the centre row returns on an early train? :eek:
    Or is a lady driver wanted to get out of pretty much any of the other parking spaces :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Can't believe this hasn't improved. ( I live near the city now )
    I moved to Rush in 2001 and used to get the 8.10 train with no probs parking.

In a year or 2 I was regularly blocked in as indicated above and had to get taxi or wait an hour for a bus home. I have even seen people park in the middle IN FRONT of empty spaces so the loosers would be 1st out in the evenings.

When Golden Ridge planning permission was applied for loads of the residents objected for various reasons but one in particular was the lack of adequate links to the station from the town and the lack of parking spaces.

When permission was granted I was told by Joe Corr ( Green Party ) that the builders were granted permission on the basis they provided a shuttle bus to the station.
    I felt they wouldn't comply with this - does anyone know if my suspicions proved right !!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Buck Mulligan

SuzyS1972 wrote: »
    Can't believe this hasn't improved. ( I live near the city now )
    I moved to Rush in 2001 and used to get the 8.10 train with no probs parking.

In a year or 2 I was regularly blocked in as indicated above and had to get taxi or wait an hour for a bus home. I have even seen people park in the middle IN FRONT of empty spaces so the loosers would be 1st out in the evenings.

Do the "loosers" include the gob****es at Lusk who push their way off the train, run up and over the bridge and run to get their cars out first ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement