Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tues May 1st - St Columbas K.O -20.30

Options
  • 30-04-2007 9:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Match is at half eight lads.

I'll be there at 8.

Any chance of a lift Joe?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Wobbler

I'll be there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I'll be there ....that's 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 niallnow

i'll be there, not sure bout the hamstring, will know better tomorrow. so a possible 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

I'll be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Mikie

Will b there

Mikie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

Myself and John will be there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'll be there but won't know until I get stretched and have a jog to warm-up how the shins will fare and if I'll actually be able to play.

That's potentially 8 so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

I'll be there, that's 9ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I'll be there, not sure if I'll be able to play but will be there regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I'll be there. Legs are tired from playing a match then training on Saturday, but should be fine tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

yep, ill be there! raring to go after missing last week. we owe ourselves a good performace. lets give this a rattle and see where we get!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Quball15

ill be there, not sure if i can play...probably 50/50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

Des can you forward me keiths number so as i can pick the kit up off him? Have no credit in me phone so couldnt reply last night ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭bugs90

I'll be there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

bugs90 wrote:
    I'll be there!
    Lift?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Anyone know the best bus to get out from town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭bugs90

Anyone know the best bus to get out from town?

The closest a bus goes is Whitechurch(15c, kinda rare) or following that the top of grange road (16, every 10 mins-ish). Last stop either way.From Whitechurch its 5/10 min walk. From the top of Grange road it a 10/15 min walk. I'm sure that someone can take a quick spin down to pick up ppl from the bus...

hey jeff I'll get the bus with you and we can walk from grange road, it's pretty easy. planning on getting the 16 after work sometime from george's st (work right beside there), you?

edit: check out my fancy map, click on 'hybrid' at the top right and you can see the pitch
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&msa=0&hl=en&msid=109671057621255545639.0000011247ff3f95a46ac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Ah nice one!! Thats more of a pain to get to than I thought :) ha ha

Darragh

Congrats on the win tonight lads.

Nice to get that under the belt.

Thought we played really well going forward, and took some of our chances really well.

Defensively I felt the wingers could have covered more, but in fairness, any threat posed by them coming forward was pretty well marshalled by our back four and holding midfielder. As soon as we identified their main player, we nullified him.

Two sloppy goals conceded, we have to work on stamping that out completely.

The defence did well in pushing up, and we always had options for getting the ball into their half, which was a vast improvement on other weeks.

We used the ball intelligently too, but I'd like to see a few more shots from distance once in a while,

All in all, a good performance.

Well done lads.

• Advertisement

By the way, it was an even better feeling than seeing Jose's face after the peno's in that other game that was on this evening!:D

For our legions of fans browsing the board, the result was
    Boardeaux 4 - 2 PH McCarthy

Boardeaux scorers: Colm, Niall x2, John (pen)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh lads fair play – that was a much improved performance and in the first half we were playing by far the best football we’ve done so far. John had a blinder on the left wing, Niall took his goals very well and Ed really helps give us a great stability at the back. We took the game to them and by pushing up made them worry about where we were instead of the other way round.

We really should’ve been 2 clear by half-time though, so we need to take more of our chances, but if we keep on creating them that’ll come. The way we were under pressure at the end shows that sitting back really does draw them onto us and just makes life more difficult, but if we keep playing like the first half we’ll keep scoring goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Mikie

Hi there Lads:

Great to win one :-)

I have to say I enjoyed playing in the midfield.

John had a blinding game - all in all everyone played well and it was good to see us taking a positive position on the pitch.

I'm off on Holidays for 2 weeks - so good luck in the next games - Keep winning.

Cheers,

Lads.

Des you should probably update the goals scored table to reflect that Colm L got the goal rather than the hippie-haired Colm F.

Stupid name stealing bastid

Done.

Although if that other fake Colm gets on the chart I'll eat my cap*

*Note : This is purely a performance enhancing post, I will be ingesting no caps

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Have to hold my hand up for their 2nd goal. Sorry lads. Wont happen again (should I be let near the goal (or pitch) again) Went to move across and my foot got caught on the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Wobbler

seansouth wrote:
    I'll eat my cap

Oh I'd fupping love to see that!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

good to get a win, thought we played well and deserved it. we had a bucket load of chances, especially in the first half.

they played with 4 up front for most of the game which meant that all of our back 4 were constantly marking players, which was tough but we managed ok. shay did well on "magic" once he was put on a man marking job, he was their main player no doubt. everybody including the subs that played, played well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Special mention to Ed for kicking one of their players 5 feet off the ground.

Advertisement