Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Chelsea CL semi - 2nd leg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

*phew*

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

liverpool through,well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Gee, that's the quadruple over :) Hell, they are in what really, the FA Cup now :)

United if they get through, will be in red in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

What a ****ing penalty. All credit to Reina for the 2 saves but to take a penalty like that to win the tie - Kuyt has balls like melons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

lol @ mourinho :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Congrats Liverpool .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Sizzler wrote:
    Liverpool are 5/2 with Paddy Power to qualify for the next round. Get yer money down so lads :p

Well lads, who took my advice :D EASY MONEY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

As a Man Utd fan i am glad Liverpool are through.
    Chelseas cynical and ultra defensive attitude tonight was appalling.

mike,you can get yourself from behind the sofa now;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Thank F***, I can breath again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

As a Man Utd fan i am glad Liverpool are through.
    Chelseas cynical and ultra defensive attitude tonight was appalling.

I agree.

Looking forward to a great final now against United. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

My god I nearly had a stroke tonight! The final is gonna kill me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

PHB wrote:
    United if they get through, will be in red in the final.
    How so, is it not a coin toss?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

How so, is it not a coin toss?

The winner of the Milan/Utd tie have been designated as the home team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

I am so happy , I am so happy Chelsea are out most of all.

Bye Bye Jose!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

How far off his line was reina for that first save. IIRC dida got pulled up for the same thing in the final against liverpool 2 years ago while reina also got away with it that time too. even ray liverpool fan houghton mentioned it.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Woohoo! :D

Another nerve-wrecking game! My 3/1 bet on Liverpool winning the CL might just come to fruition :)

Sizzler wrote:
    Well lads, who took my advice :D EASY MONEY!
    i took my own advice it would go to extra time at 9-2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

congrats... very impressive pool - ultra heart

com'on united!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Absolutely. Fantastic penalties record too.
    Given and Cech are the only 2 all around better keepers in Europe than him imo.
    Well done Liverpool. Deserved finalists.
    What about Buffon ?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

county wrote:
    i took my own advice it would go to extra time at 9-2
    Nice returns there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I dunno about anyone else but for the penos I ws on my feet, walking round this way, then that putting my fingers in my ears (which never works) closing my eyes then opening them again just as the ball was about to be struck.

4 first class shots, as was pointed out by Dunphy Liverpool had more dead ball shooters than Chelsea indeed I'd give all of them a shot except Carra maybe! :D

I belive Liverpool have only lost one peno shootout.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

If United get through, can you imagine the bragging rights at stake? Whichever set of fans win will be insufferable for who knows how long! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Well done to Liverpool. I thought they deserved to win it on the basis of their overall play, they were better than Chelsea IMO.

The shoot-out was brilliant. The chelsea players seemed very nervous of it, especially geremi and Robben who both turned their backs to the ball before striking it.

Again, well done Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Terry's face was a picture, he looked mightily pi**ed off! Gerrard got a nice dig in to Mourinho post match as well.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

felt like I was going to throw up from about 10 mins on. worth it now though. cmon utd tomorrow, so I can feel sick for another 90 mins in 3 weeks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Brilliant! Well done Liverpool. The dream final is set up if Utd. can do the business tomorrow!!!
    mike65 wrote:
    I belive Liverpool have only lost one peno shootout.
    There's always the final to break that duck.... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

FFS Dunphy, Reina played for Villareal, not Valencia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

fullstop wrote:
    How far off his line was reina for that first save. IIRC dida got pulled up for the same thing in the final against liverpool 2 years ago while reina also got away with it that time too. even ray liverpool fan houghton mentioned it.

it was dudek in that final though

sweetie wrote:
    it was dudek in that final though
    Yeah sorry you're right. They'r talking about it now on rte. should by law have been a retake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

fullstop wrote:
    Yeah sorry you're right. They'r talking about it now on rte. should by law have been a retake.

all the keepers do it though. every peno would have to be retaken if they started giving it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I guess small details don't really matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

get in!!!!! come on redmen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think the whole difference between RTE and other stations is clear tonight.
    Instead of hearing Dunphy moan on, on ITV we heard interviews from Rafa, Mourinho, and Gerrard/Kuyt/Reina.
    On Dunphy, we hear negativity negativity negativity.

copacetic wrote:
    all the keepers do it though. every peno would have to be retaken if they started giving it.
    Not really. i remember when dida was pulled on it he didn't go off his line again before a peno. if you did it once, it would make the keepers think before they do it. otherwise whats the point of the linesman standing there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think the whole difference between RTE and other stations is clear tonight. Instead of hearing Dunphy moan on, on ITV we heard interviews from Rafa, Mourinho, and Gerrard/Kuyt/Reina.

Before the match RTE completely missed a brilliant rendition of You'll Never Walk Alone as the players assembled in the tunnel and the three wise men were allowed to ramble on.

Mike.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote:
    Before the match RTE completely missed a brilliant rendition of You'll Never Walk Alone as the players assembled in the tunnel and the three wise men were allowed to ramble on.

Mike.
    RTE always do that, it's very annoying. YNWA is great to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

PHB wrote:
    I think the whole difference between RTE and other stations is clear tonight.
    Instead of hearing Dunphy moan on, on ITV we heard interviews from Rafa, Mourinho, and Gerrard/Kuyt/Reina.
    On Dunphy, we hear negativity negativity negativity.

Agree. Hes one of the most negative people I have ever seen on television.

"x is a nothing player"

"the club is in big trouble"

"they are an awful side"

constant over negative-generalisations.

fullstop wrote:
    Not really. i remember when dida was pulled on it he didn't go off his line again before a peno. if you did it once, it would make the keepers think before they do it. otherwise whats the point of the linesman standing there?

I dunno, they all come off the line, it's just a matter of how much. none of them ever stay on the line.

Would be happy enough if they clamped down on it all season, but they generally let it go so why start in the semi final of champs league? next they'll be giving penos for pulling shirts at corners, there would have been 20 tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Congrats Liverpool from a very disgruntled CFC fan. You wanted it more, offensively were were piss.
    Maka Mikel Essien Cech, Terry heads up high, the rest hang ur heads in shame, especially Lampard (who looks exhausted) and the two Coles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Bring on Milan!

<edit>

and good luck to Chelsea, hope ye can turn things around in the league at the death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

in fairness it's not as if you won't hear it again, they sing it if the Pool get a corner. The thoughts of listening to You'll Never Walk Alone repeatedly through the Champions League Final :(

• Advertisement

dubmick wrote:
    in fairness it's not as if you won't hear it again, they sing it if the Pool get a corner. The thoughts of listening to You'll Never Walk Alone repeatedly through the Champions League Final :(

it'll be great alright.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Excellent.Now if only I had been smart enough to bet on another AC vs Pool final...:(

Knew they were going to get through - at Anfield, Chelsea missing the bet centre-half in the world right now, and the likes of Mikel, Kalou and Ferriera just aren't up to it at this level.

so hopefully a liverpool v man utd final,what an occasion that would be

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

in fairness it's not as if you won't hear it again, they sing it if the Pool get a corner. The thoughts of listening to You'll Never Walk Alone repeatedly through the Champions League Final

LOL youd think youd be used to the greatest footie song on the planet being sung by the best fans on the planet at this stage :)
    Get in there you reds.
    Bring on milan or man U,either way we will win it hope its Man u ,beating them in the final and getting number 6 in the process would be sooooo sweet :P although i have a sneeky feeling about Milan.

Pool deserved to go through in the 90 mins nevermind extra time and penos.
    If Man u get through im the first to admit on paper they look too hot to handle with ronaldo, rooney etc up front but Pool are always best when underdogs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Fair play to Liverpool, by far the best team on the night. Jose told us lies when he said "Of course we will attack". Pretty poor match, scrappy and niggly (Over 50 fouls :eek: ) but undeniably tense.

Hopefully United can join Pool in the final tomorrow night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement