Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Permission

Options
  • 30-04-2007 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed the planning permission behind the crescent?

permission application for 91 dwellings,

2 high rise apartment blocks with underground parking, and something like 20 odd houses (can't remember exactly.)

What exactly is the policy for objecting to it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

Hi Matt, where behind the Cresent? Is it the land between the cresent and the old Kilnacarrig road? Or are they just proceeding with the development that was mentioned after the rezoning of the land behind the park/grove...Also, did you see the name of the applicant?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Well, Matt...you need a reason, and a good reason at that, for objecting to developments (not just because you might have a nice view of the mountains and a development would be get in the way of your nice view).

Go to the planning department and see if the land is zoned accordingly for development of houses, etc. (it most likely is but check it anyway as you cannot rely on the Wicklow Co. Co. to get it right).

To get some indication if it is a suitable development you can read through the county development plan and also the local area plans. This is the best way of getting information that you can use in your objection. The objection must be received within 4-5 weeks of the receipt of the application...but you need to check the new planning regs 2006 which came into effect this month (Apr 07). And it costs €20 usually...again check the new regs!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Emma A

Saw the sign as well nearly had a heart attack as Im in the back row of houses - hope its not for directly behind us!
    think it said Zipi Properties? cant figure out on wicklow county council website how to look for proposal or plans? any info greatfully rec'd!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Its the land beside the crescent binshed, to the right of it. Recently re-zoned to residential after the kilnacarrig road upgrade was refused.

It was put up by Zapi Properties.

rang wicklow county council they havent received notification yet of any new application from Zapi - the date on the notice was the 27th April so just friday - she said to keep an eye out all we can do I suppose!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

I'm right on the field too. Knew it was going to happen but its dissappointing all the same, and so soon!
    I've heard that Zapi have held a number of apartments in the Cresent, something to do with that planning application itself. Not sure how it works.

Does anyone know what you could base an objection on?
    I was thinking we could bury some old pottery and claim its a viking settlement!

was there a planning application number on the notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Heres the details from the poster:
    There is no planning application number on it.
    Zapi properties ltd intends to apply for planning permission for dev on 2.9 hectares of land....
    - 91 dwellings in total.

- 2 x 2.5 storey 5 bed houses
    - 29 x 3 storey 3 bed houses
    - 60 apartments in 3 x 4 storey blocks with underground parking.

The signature on the base of the application is Michelle Nester and there is a reference to:
    Tiros resourses ltd,
    10, Hatch St,
    Dublin 2

They're a plannign company http://www.tiros.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fiachra2

If you are looking for grounds for objection i suggest following up on a few of these:

Regional population guidlines. Greystones is well ahead of the target population set out for the region
    Sections of the County plan referring to promoting industry in Greystones (This land was originally zoned for same)
    Sections of teh county plan referring to promoting public transport usage. (This development will encourage car based conmmuting to Dublin.)

You must object to WCC but bear in mind that you will almost certainly have to appeal the decision to An Bord Pleanala. Because the rezoning was pushed through by a few Councillors agaionst the advice of the Council Planners, it is possible the application will be refused by hen appeal to An bord Pleanala. In this regard you should acquaint yourself with the content of the decision on the Pizzarro Development in Bray. This was refused on the grounds that the N11 is at capacity and should not take any more commuter traffic. This is potentially a very important decision and if the Bord applies the same logic consistently developments like this will be refused.

Excellent Information Fiachra, Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 MimiQ

We called the independent candidate Evelyn Cawley about this and she came out to view the site notice this morning. She is looking for a contact name/number of the Court Residents committee so that she can follow up, if anyone has details? Thanks.

Access to the development is to be via Charlesland Court by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

does the land being developed include the thin strip that runs behind the back row of charlesland park? are there any plans of the layout of the development ie. is there going to be a four storey block of apartments towering over me when i'm doin a spot of naked gardening?!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

MimiQ wrote:
    Access to the development is to be via Charlesland Court by the way!

Who ageed to that, surely its private property under the management of our management company?

As to contacting the commitee try Estelle at charleslandcourt@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Basil Brush

wicklow planning office haven't recieved application yet (as of this morning) - apparently Zapi Properties (subsidary of Ballymore) have two weeks from date of site notice to apply for planning permission. we then have 5 weeks from when the application has been lodged to object.

I think it would be good for the land to be developed as waste land just lying there attracts the wrong kind of people and to be honest is not the prettiest to look out at from my back bedroom window but I would like to see little bungalows and not large houses and 4 storey apartment blocks!

so basil you're telling me you would prefer to be overlooked from your back bedroom window than look at a field or potentially a park?

loss of privacy
    your house price will take a hit
    possibly having to look at ugly apartment blocks
    and a potential of all of these dwellings being social affordable housing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Matt, its given that the field will built on. Yes, there is a requirement in the planning regs to provide social and affordable housing but this wouldn't be full saturation...we have social and affordable in charlesland already...so stop scare mongering.

The prices of the properties will go up or down depending on what they sell the new units for! Even with the original development, everytime they released a new phase the money shot up...don't see them dropping the price to get rid of them (but putting in furnishings as extras to attract people).

As for your privacy point...there is a 22 metre rule for directly opposing windows...if it is within 22m then you have a case...anything else you can forget about

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

it's actually really nice having that little piece of field at the back. there's a big tree that's literally packed with birds twittering away. there's also a little pheasant or grouse that lives there and makes its own very bizarre noise. it makes you feel as if you're really in the countryside. you can guarantee that the tree and the birds will be gone rapido as soon as the bulldozers move in.

because the strip of land is so skinny, you can also guarantee that the development will be high density ie. high rise building completely blocking out all the sun. this won't be helped by the fact that it's already at a really steep gradient which will mean that any buildings will be literally towering over us. not a pleasant prospect.

i know that it's a given regarding the development of the land but unfortunately the developers as usual will squeeze the knickers out of it in terms of how much money they can milk out of a very small footprint ie lash up a load of apartments.

dont think its for directly behind us in the last row - the planning permission sign is at the bin shed and there is another one further over the other end past the cresecent so I think is in between these two signs. we can object on grounds of no light if it is for behind the last row the 20ft wall we have in our gardens is bad enough surely!

hate to tell you but there's a planning permission sign up on the back road near the bus stop directly opposite our back garden and we're in the last row in charlesland park

****tttttttttttte!! thought it was too good to be true we better get our objection letters in order so !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fiachra2

neets wrote:
    i know that it's a given regarding the development of the land but unfortunately the developers as usual will squeeze the knickers out of it in terms of how much money they can milk out of a very small footprint ie lash up a load of apartments.

Its not actually a given at all. The land was rezoned by a handful of local Councillors at the behest of Zapi but against the advice of their professional planners. You can object and in doing so you should obtain the minutes of the council meetings at which the lands were rezoned. You can then quote the council officals WHO ARE THE PEOPLE WHO WILL DECIDE ON THE PLANNING APPLICATION in you objection showing that they were opposed to the zoning.

Even if they grant permission you can appeal (see my previous post) and again you will have very strong grounds

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

and a potential of all of these dwellings being social affordable housing
    ...SHOCK HORROR!!
    So that means the civvies like me (a poor teacher!!) might be able to afford to live within range of where I work...jeeez i hope that doesnt happen!!

So i recieved the plans and architects drawings the other day, the crescent stands to lose 8 of their parking spaces by the looks of things,

24 of the 2 bedroom units and 4 of the 1 bedroom units will be social and affordable housing.

The R761 will be re-aligned

The three apartment blocks will be placed directly behind the crescent on the r761. The underground carpark entrance will be placed where the crascent binshed is currently. The other entrance will be placed at the other end of the crescent at the top of charlesland wood.

The planned binsheds will reduce the parking at the crescent to 1.354 spaces per apartment. That is a total of 65 spaces, it is currently 74 Spaces (i will have to count to confirm.

The greystones/delgany area plan states that the minimum requirement for a 2 bedroom apartment is 1 parking space. This means that there will be parking issues at the top of the wood/park and crescent as there is 60 apartments and only 84 parking spaces allocated for them. Allowing for the fact that almost all of the new apartment residents will have a minimum of two cars, i would estimate there will be about 110 cars and only 84 parking spaces allocated for them.

And as we all know there is already traffic and parking safety issues in charlesland which are currently unresolved.

For anyone wishing to view the plans and planning application please send me a PM

3 further binsheds will be placed in 6 of the crescent parking spaces.

The housing units will be place directly behind and on top of the final phase of houses up at the back of charlesland park.

The R761 will be re-aligned

Does this mean access to this development is from the road at the back of Charlesland?

both,
    access to the houses will be via the r761

and the apartments will have access from where the current binshed is at the crescent and also at the opposite end.

hey matt-dublin,

would you mind pming me the plans/drawings. thanks a million. (tried to pm you but was unable to - damned macs).

need your email addy

can anyone explain how this company have the right to have access through the Charlesland estate for their development?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 avantarklu

According to the terms of the Wood's lease agreement (& I assume it applies to each of the estates), until such time as the developer hands over control of the common areas to the management company, they retain the right to make what ever alterations to the estate they desire. Following handover, the right to make alterations is in the hands of the Mgt Co, under the control of the residents.

Advertisement