Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milan V United SL second leg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

United were outclassed. The Milan midfield and defense is much superior to Uniteds. The first leg was a contest. The second leg was a training session for Milan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

when am I entitled to *bump* this?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=256730

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Rafa predicted this on the 20th of February!

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=449416&CPID=5&clid=14&lid=&title=Rafa+eyes+Milan+repeat
    "I think the final will be Liverpool v Milan and that we will win again. It's sure," Benitez told Corriere dello Sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Men versus Boys yet again. I cant remember the last time Utd bossed another BIG team for a full match. And Roma arent a big team! Ronaldo crap as usual, but as someone posted before in another thread, he cant do fancy stepovers and score every match........ (eh so scoring a goal makes up for being ****e for the other 80 or so mins? - watch full matches every weekend and not 10 mins on the premiership). Giggs has gone rapidly rapidly downhill over the last few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Honestly, I thought United flattered with their home win, I didn't think 3-2 was a fair result.

I think Milan put that right tonight, they were exceptional, simple, but effective with 3 of the best players I've seen in the CL this season.

United's big boys did nothing for me. Ronaldo was like the mush lambasted Ronaldo fo 2 seasons ago. Rooney was anonymous and the game looked beyond Giggs. United defence was poor at the best of times.

From the 4 SF games, I have to say, the two better teams went through from each draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

Lucky performance against Roma.
    Carrick, Fletcher and O'Shea all useless, naming but a few.

The premier league is a joke of a league and not the best in the world. Yes liverpool put good effort in last night, but i expect Milan to beat them easily enough and i hope for the good of football AC Milan win the Champions League cause they play football they it should be.

"Form is temporary class is permanent"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

sob sob, pathetic display - heinze seemed to be about the only utd. player with a real fire in his belly tonight. so many didn't show up. and then AC were class.

ah well

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Gutted to be honest. I think that those players have to be ashamed of themselves for that performance. They never turned up.

Fair play to Milan though, they outplayed Man U in all areas of the pitch

So they are now out for revenge against Liverpool for 2005. Best of luck to the pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

RasTa wrote:
    It's over lads. We ain't coming back.

and you won't be missed....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53150117&postcount=450

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Jazzy wrote:
    its quite funny that man u lose 3 - 0 and all the clueless Dunphyites just go "yeah, its all that dastardly Ronaldo's fault!"

which rag is dunphy writing for nowadays? the mirror, the sun ? whichever it is, go eat it for brekfast before giving uniformed opinions based on an auld cynics point of view.

Utd lost tonight from the midfield and team organisation, not because of their lack of wing play.
    Dunphy may say other wise, but hell.. thats maybe why you buy his papers :)
    My opinion on Ronaldo has nothing to do with the thoughts of Eamonn Dunphy. It is a simple fact that he was awful tonight. And Utd needed him, Rooney and Giggs to be firing on all cylinders once they went a goal down.

If Ronaldo epithomised all that was great in the performance against Roma - he epithomised everything that was awfultonight. No work; no heart; no cutting edge. And he deserves to be critiscised for it.

Milan came out and played like it mattered - and they fully deserved their victory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

A repeat of the '05 Final. What odds another 3-3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

BOOM!!!!!!! Take your attractive football, your Ronaldos and Rooneys and go home. If you don't get the workrate and the organisation right - you don't deserve to win.

What have you won this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

chump wrote:
    so many didn't show up.

I don't think that really mattered considering the lesson they were given.
    chump wrote:
    and then AC were class.

Indeed they were.

Hopefully Milan have learned from there 2nd half no-show in 2005. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Milan shouldn't have swapped jersies tonight. United not giving the ball away at 0-2 was a bit much, but at 0-3 it just plain nasty. I suppose football needs more nastiness though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Milan played very well tonight. United were not really in it though they did have a better second half. No treble this year but we can look forward to next weekend when a combination of results could give us something to soften the disappointment of tonights performance.

• Advertisement

d22ontour wrote:
    Hopefully Milan have learned from there 2nd half no-show in 2005. ;)

Hear hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

really dissapointed by Utd'd performance tonight it was almost like they didn't wake up till the 60th min and even then they just didn't get it together.

The players you would expect to do something just didn't ever start
    scholes , Rooney , Giggs and Ronaldo were all very poor sloppy with the ball and looked jaded.

Thought Gattuso , Kaka and Seedorf were really good tonight bossed the game closed down and won every challange, would love to see Kaka playing for Utd.

can hear Dumphy in the background foaming at the mouth over his admiration of the Milan team ....

oh well lets just hope we dont throw away the PL and FA cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

You get what you deserve over 2 legs and Utd were probably as poor as they have been all season based on tonights showing. Dont think any Serie A teams will be knocking on Fergie's door to buy Ronaldo, they played him brilliantly in both legs.

Not takin away from the 3-2 win which was spectacular but if I was a Milan fan I would be asking if Utd would have won that game if Gattuso had played the 2nd half! Nothing wrong with his english BTW lol !

As a Utd fan cant say Im happy but no excuses, I guess all there is to do now is wonder if Milan can produce a similar performance again in a few weeks time !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Commiserations to the United fans, horrible to get that close.

Have added plenty of excitement to the tournament anyway with great freeflowing attacking football.

quarryman wrote:

lol, enjoy the first division.

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote:
    Milan played very well tonight. United were not really in it though they did have a better second half. No treble this year but we can look forward to next weekend when a combination results could give us something to soften the disappointment of tonights performance.

Yeah. City might sieze upon a knackered bunch of over-hyped half-arses with fragile confidence, and might bring a long-awaited reality check to wherever "you" are from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

Totally outclassed. Hats off to Milan. Kick in the arse United. Goodluck Liverpool. You'll need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Reality *IS* Kaka. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Trizo wrote:
    can hear Dumphy in the background foaming at the mouth over his admiration of the Milan team ....

Actually he was talking about how poor Manchester United were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Surprised Utd had nothing else, embarrassing result for a generation of players living off hype.

Utd had been good in the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

United failed to score in Milan in over 180 mins (Since 2005)
    Thats 4 away games they have lost this season in Europe.
    Lost to Celtic,Copenhagen,Roma and Milan.
    Their away form over the last 3-4 years is simply not up to standard.
    Dunphy:'Reality is Kaka':D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Great result. Manchester United prove their pedigree again. They aren't useless, but if they improve a bit, they could be!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

nipplenuts wrote:

ROFL!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

nipplenuts wrote:

That was a great line.

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Actually he was talking about how poor Manchester United were.

No ... he was talking about how he would love to see Kaka play in the PL ...
    and how the Milan team were class ....

• Advertisement

Good line, pity reality Kaka-style doesn't visit more often. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Makeshift back four was your downfall I reckon. Was worse than our defence (spurs).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Delighted, Milan gave Utd a lesson tonight, and once again C Ronaldo utterly failed to perform in a big game. All well and good with his tricks and flicks against Fulham, but get him to do it against decent opposition? Nah...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

United were massive disappointment. There was no fight, all the players simply stood off and allowed the Milan players to play. Too much respect shown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Bateman wrote:
    Yeah. City might sieze upon a knackered bunch of over-hyped half-arses with fragile confidence, and might bring a long-awaited reality check to wherever "you" are from.

Like liverpool did last night do you mean? keep clutching at those straws.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,424 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Fair play to Milan, by far the better side on the night, Gattusso is just amazing, simply amazing. Good luck to them in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Trizo wrote:
    and how the Milan team were class ....

And they were. What's your point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Let's Be Honest, We Were Outclassed And Given A Lesson Tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

My opinion on Ronaldo has nothing to do with the thoughts of Eamonn Dunphy. It is a simple fact that he was awful tonight. And Utd needed him, Rooney and Giggs to be firing on all cylinders once they went a goal down.

If Ronaldo epithomised all that was great in the performance against Roma - he epithomised everything that was awfultonight. No work; no heart; no cutting edge. And he deserves to be critiscised for it.

Milan came out and played like it mattered - and they fully deserved their victory.

I'm on the record on boards with my opinion on Ronaldo. You're right about his performance but he didn't cause the result tonight, but what he did prove is what honest UTD fans who I like to think I am that he's not world class he's not "great" and all the hype and nonsense that surrounds him is bad for RONALDO...UTD...and the fans and the sooner the hype dies of he can concentrate on actually becoming a great player and just get on with it.

Dunphy's point wasn't just proved tonight it's been proved on many an occassion he's not pulling it out of his arse.

Carrick is pretty much a nothing player (SO FAR)

and when hype players come up against real "world class" players tonight happens.

Jazzy and his "Dunphyites" is pretty insulting do you not think we're capable of watching a match and making our own opinions?

We were out classed in every position, there was no hunger there was no fight and that has nothing to do with ronaldo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

For a team that is normally a goos slick passing team, Utd gave away so many balls tonight with poorly placed or stupid passes. The best team won.

Delighted, Milan gave Utd a lesson tonight, and once again C Ronaldo utterly failed to perform in a big game. All well and good with his tricks and flicks against Fulham, but get him to do it against decent opposition? Nah...

Yeah and doing in week in week out must mean he is rubbish. The whole team played like amateurs and have done away from home all season. Now let's go to City on Saturday and at least wrap up one trophy this season. Good luck to Milan in the final, should destroy the Pool again but you never know with them in Cup games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Fair play to Brady, pulling no punches with Ronaldo.

RasTa wrote:
    What have you won this season?
    Nothing yet. Just like you guys. And, just like if you guys win the league, if we win the CL final we will classify our season as a huge success. At least we don't claim to be a wonderful side that will destroy all comers.

Mossy Monk wrote:
    And they were. What's your point?

whatever ...... ....

I think it just shows we need more players like Heinze , was unahppy not to see Smith out there especially after his Roma Performance, Carrick was nowhere a player like Hargreeves would make a big difference i think more players with a bit of steel

RasTa wrote:
    Yeah and doing in week in week out must mean he is rubbish. FFS everyone it's a cup game.

Great players do it in big games. He isn't a great player. Over - rated, over - hyped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

As a United fan I'm gutted about the result but hats off to Milan. They were just awesome.

Kaka was wonderful but from a workrate standpoint Gattuso was exceptional. It was like he was haunting Ronaldo tonight. Reminded me a lot of Roy Keane's performances at his peak.

Good luck to Liverpool against Milan in the final because they are going to need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

I am gutted, not just with losing but the manner of it is what really aches. Heinze didn't play well but seemed to be the only player really up for it.
    Ronaldo, Giggs, Rooney all terrible, Carrick non existant. Scholes was reliable as ever and put in a lot of effort but was totally let down by the others around him.

I knew from the off Milan were gonna take it to manu, you could see it in their demeanour, their attitude their conviction while manu looked nervous. It was game over once the first goal went in, we just didnt know it till the 80th minute.

Fair play to milan, better team went through and i feel won't underestimate liverpool again. Should be a good final anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

RasTa wrote:
    Yeah and doing in week in week out must mean he is rubbish.

he doesn't do it week in week out.

That's the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Anyone turning this into a United/Liverpool slagfest will be banned.

It's about the game tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,338 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Tauren wrote:
    Gattusso is just amazing, simply amazing

Learned most of his stuff in the SPL, I remember watching him when he was like a stragetically shaved hairy person :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement