Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reccomend a good game

Options
  • 30-04-2007 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

I finished Oblivion and was wondering if someone could recommend me a good game? I like RPGS in an Oblivion/morrowind vein, I really liked Might and MAgic 6/7 and fallout also but have no idea as to any decent games, any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

Gothic 1 + 2, they are another free roaming style RPG. Havnt played them in years so I dont know how well they have held up but at the time they were groundbreaking. There is a more recent Gothic 3 out now but I didnt enjoy the little bit of it I played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭singloud

Beecher wrote:
    Gothic 1 + 2, they are another free roaming style RPG. Havnt played them in years so I dont know how well they have held up but at the time they were groundbreaking. There is a more recent Gothic 3 out now but I didnt enjoy the little bit of it I played.

Did you enjoy them the first time you played them?
    Good games are timeless, Zelda still plays excellently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

If you've played Might & Magic 6 + 7 you should get the 8th one: Day of the Destroyer. Not as good as 6 or 7 but WELL worth playing if you enjoyed the other two, you have an extra party member in it making it 5 party members and you can choose from a larger range of character races and classes such as Vampires, Minotaurs, Dark elves etc. Id highly recommend it, im a big fan of the M&M series but from the 9th game onwards it just went downhill....

Or You could try Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic 2? I found this game absolutely brilliant! you could always get the first one and then when you finish it and liked it get the 2nd one. And if you want an RPG that is Strange beyond Strange try Pathologic.....

Also! forgot about this, if you liked Morrowind & Oblivion try and get a game called Arx Fatalis(sp?), i havent gotten it myself yet and its sorta hard to get but its the game that influenced the creation of Morrowind. Its exactly like it (very interactive world and great depth) but its set in a Dungeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Definately reccomend the Knights of the Old Republic games, fantastic rpgs.

If you want to go old school try Planescape Torment. The storyline is without a doubt the most interesting and well written I've seen in a game so far. The graphics are shite of course, the game is like 12 years old by now. Totally worth it if you don't mind the graphics though.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

I second Planescape: Torment, an excellent game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

How about Dark Messiah: Heroes of Might and Magic, I really enjoyed this game and felt it was quite underrated by reviewers.

If you've played Might & Magic 6 + 7 you should get the 8th one: Day of the Destroyer. Not as good as 6 or 7 but WELL worth playing if you enjoyed the other two, you have an extra party member in it making it 5 party members and you can choose from a larger range of character races and classes such as Vampires, Minotaurs, Dark elves etc. Id highly recommend it, im a big fan of the M&M series but from the 9th game onwards it just went downhill....

I didn't like 9, it took everything good about 7 and misused it, the characters annoyed me.

you remember that annoying, hispanic elf in MM7? every time I heard him crying that he'd been hurt I wanted to punch in my computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

What console we talkin bout..or is it a pc ?

Yeah, PC, I just find PC games the most fun.

Advertisement