Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

6210 car kit need to change to 6228 new phone

• 30-04-2007 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi folks
    Not very technical when it comes to phones, I bought a car reciently for the missus and it has a 6210 car kit fitted to it, but she has a Nokia 6288 phone.
    It would be nice to use what is fitted, but her phone is more modern.
    What can I do to convert this for the new phone and where can I go to get it sorted?
    Can I do it me self?
    Regards
    Nicholas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Skary

Hi -
    You can buy a coverter that clips onto the connectors of the 6210CK which will allow you to then put the 6288 in - its not the best connection - but its cheaper than replacing the whole kit - you can buy it at Carphone Warehouse for about €40 or so
    Hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Those converter cradles are very un reliable..If you do get one and it sudddenly stops working.. Ive found that by plugging a 6210 or 63 series phone in to the original cradle it'll kick in to life again..
    There is also a converter cable with pop port cable available but again these are pretty un reliable in the long term.(and expensive)
    Best thing to do is buy a CK7W car kit and fit it your self.. It'll use the same Mike speaker antenna cradle mount etc etc all you have to change is the cable & cradle and change a few wires for the HF unit (as the plug is different) same colour wires though..you'll figure it out..

Advertisement