Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheating?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

brianon wrote:
    Using that logic you could argue that someone using a laser mouse in a PC FPS is cheating compared to the guy using a optical or ye old tracker ball mouse !
    But they are all using the same input method and with a PC you just have to accept those difference. A console is meant to be a closed system where you are playing on level playing fields.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Ciaran500 wrote:
    A console is meant to be a closed system where you are playing on level playing fields.

Is it? Thats news to me.

You think games are meant to be skewed in one persons favour :confused:

Ciaran500 wrote:
    You think games are meant to be skewed in one persons favour :confused:
    eh? How you reckon that?

What I am saying is that your comment...
    A console is meant to be a closed system where you are playing on level playing fields.

doesn't seem right. Closed system? Hardly. There are many things that make one persons experience of a game different (bigger tv-> that cheating?, faster broadband-> that cheating?, wireless controller...) from the next person with same console.

Would you agree that if I used a Hori Stick playing some Street Fighter game versus your PS2 pad that I was cheating ? Or if I buy a sh*t hot surround sound system so I can hear opponents sneak up on my in a FPS!?

brianon wrote:
    doesn't seem right. Closed system? Hardly. There are many things that make one persons experience of a game different (bigger tv-> that cheating?, faster broadband-> that cheating?, wireless controller...) from the next person with same console.
    I meant more that MS have blocked any unofficial third party controllers and have not allowed devices like the xfps to be developed officially. They are only possible through an exploit with a wired controller.
    brianon wrote:
    Would you agree that if I used a Hori Stick playing some Street Fighter game versus your PS2 pad that I was cheating?
    The fighting community for stuff like SF/VF is very different, much smaller and less mainstream. If the stick gave you an advantage over someone on a pad yes I would consider it cheating and unfair.

• Advertisement

Ciaran500 wrote:
    I meant more that MS have blocked any unofficial third party controllers and have not allowed devices like the xfps to be developed officially. They are only possible through an exploit with a wired controller.

I did not know that.
    Ciaran500 wrote:
    The fighting community for stuff like SF/VF is very different, much smaller and less mainstream. If the stick gave you an advantage over someone on a pad yes I would consider it cheating and unfair.

I couldn't possibly agree with that being cheating :)

Advertisement