Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Mayhem - Ordo Ad Chao

• 30-04-2007 11:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭

Been listening to this a good bit and i am finding it very hard to get into.
    Dont get me wrong it is miles better than Chimeira and Grand Declaration but its tough going.
    i think i need alot more time at it to be honest, DMDS took me ages to like.

anyone else get this album yet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Mayhem have been damn near irrelevant for almost 15 years now, so it's hard to be enthusiastic about OAC. Still, it's good to see Attila back.
    I haven't heard the album yet, but I'll probably listen to it sometime in the near future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I haven't heard it either but I've been hearing mixed reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Alucard II

Mayhem suuuuuuuck. also, i dont know whats funnier about this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0HX8d3SKzA - how wasted Nekro is, or how embarrassed Blasphemer is :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Haha, that's magnificient, someone was actually telling me about that the other day, glad I've now seen it.

What a tosser! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

neGev wrote:
    Mayhem have been damn near irrelevant for almost 15 years now

Irrelevant to what?

Good music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

And what exactly were they 'Relevant' to in the first place? Why does anything need to be relevant anyway? Iron Maiden aren't really relevant to anything, but they're still awesome.

Anyway, relevant/irrelevant, it doesn't matter, because aside from a few good songs, Mayhem really haven't done anything worth **** since De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas. I'm curious to hear them with Attila back, but I won't be running out to buy the album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Good music.

Well, if you insist on looking at it that way...:p

They don't need to be relevant to anything. It's just music. Either you like it or you don't. ;)
    To call them "irrelevant" implies that there was a programme, goal or agenda that should have been adhered to, but they haven't, so they became obsolete or irrelevant.

But anyways, back to the point. I only heard a few tracks so far, but what I heard was incredible. :)

And what exactly were they 'Relevant' to in the first place?
    One of the most important bands in black metal history? Leaders of the second wave? How is that not relevant?
    Why does anything need to be relevant anyway?
    If I want to hear some good mid-80's thrash, I'd put on Pleasure to Kill, Bonded By Blood or Darkness Descends, not God Hates Us All.
    Mayhem really haven't done anything worth **** since De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas.
    That's exactly what I'm saying. If I wanted a good slice of black metal recently, I haven't been looking to Mayhem to fill the gap. There's countless other bands continuing what they started, only doing it better than Mayhem have been.

Perhaps I should qualify my original comment. I like to listen to music that I love, not just like. Given that the ratio of good music to bad music out there is roughly 1:10, it takes time to find the diamonds, as I'm sure you all know. As such, I don't have time for bands that aren't up to scratch.
    Since Deathcrush/DMDS/LiL, Mayhem haven't satisfied me, therefore I find them to be irrelevant to my search for good music.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Is black metal a bit juvenile anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

buck65 wrote:

maybe to someone who doesn't buy into its ideals and thinking.
    but it is possible to like the music and not have anything to do with its background.
    To people who are unfamiliar with black metal it's just a bunch of fellas in battle gear posing in the forest.
    I am a practicing Christian, doesn't mean i cant listen to Black Metal or NSBM.

buck65 wrote:

Some of the people involved are a bit juvenile but the music is no more or less juvenile than any other type of metal or whatever genre you care to pick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

buck65 wrote:

I would say yes, a lot of it is. But then there are incredibly intelligent bands like Emperor, Arcturus, and Enslaved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 HIEROPHANT

maybe to someone who doesn't buy into its ideals

OK for NSBM, but for True BM you listen to a music that hates you and that insults you. Ideologically BM wants to destroy christianity, how do you like that? It's your choice eh :D

On-Topic, as far as I'm concerned, there is only [The True] MayheM, until the death of Euronymous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

HIEROPHANT wrote:
    OK for NSBM, but for True BM you listen to a music that hates you and that insults you. Ideologically BM wants to destroy christianity, how do you like that? It's your choice eh :D

yeah that was my point, you can listen to it but not buy into it...
    and as you said its my choice.....

however if i see the count running after me with a pick axe i may change my mind on that

back on Topic - i think the emperor is wearing no clothes.

i think emperor are wearing no clothes.

That's not an image I need :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭slssprite

Untalented, worthless experimentation. No originality, no catchy riffs, no structure, no idea, nothing. Mayhem should be "buried by time and dust" and become a classic.

sure, you can listen. It's like smelling a pie all the time without eating it.

Advertisement