Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista unattended domain join?

• 30-04-2007 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any luck with this?

Putting in place a lite touch installation, the only interaction with the install process would be to input the computer name.

The issue I'm having is that Vista does not successfully join the domain.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

are you prompted for a computername at all?

in the unnattend file the computername/machinename value should be left blank.

There is a known issue where vista gives the computer a random name and joins it to the domain and then you rename it having to rejoin the domain on reboot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Ya, the computer name field is left blank and I am prompted for a computer name during install, once named the name sticks, so there isn't an issue assigning the machine a name. Infact everything looks fine, until you attempt to login as a domain user and it starts giving out about trust relationships.

The logs report that machine does try and join the domain put falls on its arse over and over gain, I've attemped this using secure join both on and off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

here's something i found, not sure if its relevant or not:
    http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1532797&SiteID=17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Read that one alright. Thanks anway.

Advertisement