Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

removing bath sealant

Options
  • 30-04-2007 12:25pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

Hi again, was wondering if anyone knows of a product to remove sealant on a bath (besides nail varnish remover - takes far too long) the ex-Mr. Irishbird sealed the new bath and made a balls of it, i cant have a relaxing bath looking at it. i know i seen a product in woodies last year but i havent seen it since

any help would be really appreaciated

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

You can buy stuff that breaks down cured mastic. You just squirt it over what you want to take off and leave it for an hour or so ,the mastic breaks down.
    Davies at harmonstown sell the stuff ,I'm not sure if I have any .If I do I'll post the name of it later.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

_Brian_ wrote:
    You can buy stuff that breaks down cured mastic. You just squirt it over what you want to take off and leave it for an hour or so ,the mastic breaks down.
    Davies at harmonstown sell the stuff ,I'm not sure if I have any .If I do I'll post the name of it later.

thanks brian, the name would be brilliant, if you can think of it

irishbird wrote:
    thanks brian, the name would be brilliant, if you can think of it

No problem ,I still have a full tube of it ,it's called Silicon Eater and it's made by Ever Build. On the warning label it says ,EVERFLEX SILICONE EATER.

It's a green and yellow coloured tube ,about half the lenght of a tube of silicone.

Heres a linky http://www.cglass.co.uk/product.php?productid=17657

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

thank B, have just ordered it on line :D

No problemo ,just make sure you completely dry the surface ,before you apply the new sealant.
    Water and wet mastic is a disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

When resealing the shower I found Flash scrubs/wipes very handy for getting the old sealant off the tiles. "old" might the operative word here..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Thomas the Tank

Hi there,

We have a combined bath/shower and the glass door at the shower end has come loose from the bath so it's swinging away while water is going all over the floor! The base of the door is a rubber flap - just wondering would anyone know what a good sealant is to re-fix that to the bath?

Advertisement