Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heads up for all those who have resits

Options
  • 30-04-2007 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

Just a quick heads up, if you have to resit any exams this summer today is the last day to pay the resit fee (200e for 3rd commerce though we may be under a diff. system some of ye) other wise you'll incur penalties for late payment.

A giro wont clear for 5 working days so pay online.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Just a quick heads up, if you have to resit any exams this summer today is the last day to pay the resit fee (200e for 3rd commerce though we may be under a diff. system some of ye) other wise you'll incur penalties for late payment.

A giro wont clear for 5 working days so pay online.

you have to pay a resit fee?I thought that was only for the autumn exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Envigilators and correctors still need to be paid :rolleyes:

While there ar expenses attributable to repeats, they are not nearly as high nor never have been, as what the college takes in.

If the purpose of fees isnt simple profiteering, then I suppose its there to act as a deterrent. Dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

:eek: :mad:
    I was never told of this.
    There's nothing on my SIS about it. How do I pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Hold on, I was told by UCD Admin in an email that I would be contacted via post with a bank giro, and nothing has come in the door to me yet. And I was also informed the resit fee was only €100 euro??

Thinking about it I was told by the arts information desk that I would be contacted about paying fees.
    A lot have people have told me (who sat repeats last summer), that they never paid any fees and they were never contacted about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

I was told the costs alright but haven't received any word about how/when/where to pay..

• Advertisement

go to your sis and under personal info view account details.

I was told by my programme officer to wait for an email/giro, but I knew from experience that these things have to be paid by a certain date and when I went into admin today they told me it was today, gave me a giro and told me Id be better off going online.

On sis go to pay fees section, click "other" and type in the reuired ammount

While it might be very possible to slip through the cracks (i know ppl who never paid deposits to live on campus and got them refunded :)) I wasnt going to risk it in my final year. At least last year there would have been time to fix probles etc etc, but I start work in september and need everything to be sorted out on time

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

Where were you informed of that deadline Kap? I'm amazed that I've never recieved any contact from the university since registering for a resit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

I went into Admin about 2 weeks ago off my own back to get the bill for my deferred exam and it came to €100.

When she gave me the giro, it said the due date was the date I got it.....I'm not sure if the actual full deadline is today....it may be just the date you receive it....odd system anyway!

However, I would advise going in and paying....2 weeks to exams guys.....get on the ball!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I recieved no information either. I only thought about it when Kap.R posted about it. I went down and asked them and they said there was something on SIS which I didn't see). Basically sshe gave me a giro and asked me to pay a €100.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I was told to go into health sciences and sign something about repeats about a month ago but they never said anything about money being paid?! Ive never had to pay anything before for repeating Christmas exams in the sumer so perhaps med is a bit differnet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I just went to the student desk to see what was going on and the lady gave me a bank giro right there and then and told me to pay sometime during the week and I would be ok.
    She also said that they were sent out this week so they should arrive at homes this week.If it for some reason doesnt arrive go to the student desk and they will give you one right there and then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I know some people paid for the autumn repeats in med that never happened. It's all very bizarre.

Though my class had to paid about 1,000e to repeat subjects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Condoriano

When I went to the admin building last friday I was told that a giro would be sent either before or after the exams, and that there was no need to pay now.

I was not informed of the deadline being today. I think that would have been mentionable.

TheVan wrote:
    When she gave me the giro, it said the due date was the date I got it.....I'm not sure if the actual full deadline is today....it may be just the date you receive it....odd system anyway!

Ah, that would probably be the cause of the confusion so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Notorious wrote:
    Hold on, I was told by UCD Admin in an email that I would be contacted via post with a bank giro, and nothing has come in the door to me yet. And I was also informed the resit fee was only €100 euro??

Thinking about it I was told by the arts information desk that I would be contacted about paying fees.
    A lot have people have told me (who sat repeats last summer), that they never paid any fees and they were never contacted about them.

yes you are right, its not today.you have to be contacted by ucd with a giro.orla from admin in quinn told me this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 bribri

okay so i am royaly condused..do all students including 1st yrs pay repeat fees cos anyone i talked to said that 1st years never paid repeat fees??so do i have to pay and if i do where when and how?? is a letter gonna be sent to my term address or my parents cos if it sent to my parents i am screwed cos i didnt tell themi failed anythin!!!help please cos i am of to america for the smmer and wont be able to do anythin over the summer?!?!?!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Advertisement