Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting stud wall on concrete floor

Options
  • 30-04-2007 1:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm planning on putting a new stud wall on a concrete floor. Just wondering what's the best way to attach the bottom onto the flooring? Nail it in with masonary nails? Or screws with rawl plugs? And do I need to worry about the damp proof course?

thanks,
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

just lay dpc under the timber (4*2) and fix the sole plate to the concrete with express nails - don't bother with screws/rawlplugs or steel nails - express fixings will go nowhere. they look like this : http://www.acefixings.com/products/cat/35/hammer-fixings/express-nails/
    available in all hardware stores.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭jdpl28

Hey, thanks for that. Where would I get DPC? Only need a small section of it, not big rolls of it. And would hammering express nails through it not make it leak?

thanks,
    J

Advertisement