Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2nd A1 Season over

• 30-04-2007 1:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭

Your thoughts?

A1 is a great idea, but it's just not quite there... I don't know what it is but I'd prefer to watch a GP2 or even F3 race before an A1 race.
    It will be interesting to see if the championship continues next year, rumour has it A1 GP is in MASSIVE debt...

A1 Team Ireland was a massive disappointment this year, both on and off the track. I didn't see much promotion in Ireland about the team or the championship. When they dropped and even went as far as to slate Michael Devaney was the single lowest point for me, they seemed to be too quick to point the finger...

... oh and we got disqualified for pitting outside the pit window in the feature race yesterday.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

aye, but the website was decent ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

aye, but the website was decent ;)
    ha ha! thanks, "was"... things have moved on now though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Didnt miss a race or qualy session all last season but this year I just couldnt be arsed. Irelands ****ness really put a bummer on it for me and it just never really progressed. Once the buzz and excitement of the first few A1GP's wore off, you realised there was'nt really much there.

The main strenghts of the A1 were 1)all the cars were the same, 2) it was a competition between countries and 3) the power boost

But when the same team wins every week it kinda undermines a one make series, no countries seem to give a **** about it(no promotion over here, never made the news, nobody has a clue what A1 is:mad: ) and the power boost is ****e. It was supposed to be something that added a new dimension to the racing and aided in overtaking but all that happens is a little green button flashes. How exciting:rolleyes: .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

I love motorsports, but i don't like the A1 grand prix. I watched the first 3 races of the first season and i could not watch any more after that. I did not like A1. Every so often i would flick onto sky sports and come across it by accident, but five minutes is all i could stand watching it.

If team Ireland was good maybe i would have watched it.

" india has hit pakistan" ---it's a wonder that did not cause a war the way the commentator would often say it.

Advertisement