Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Megane 03/04

Options
  • 30-04-2007 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

Any good/bad comments on this model of the Megane? Thinking of purchasing one as my current 01 1.2 Astra is starting to feel the effects of 90k+ miles!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

be aware that in my experience that it all goes to hell almost as soon as you reach 100k. if you planning on moving it on before it gets to around 80k then it wont be too bad.

or maybe me and the other4 or 5 megan owners i know all got lemons.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

just bought an 04 saloon auto, not a patch on opel build quality (which is not exactly a high bar), but everything still works, it just feels kinda cheap, loads of toys though and it'll handle better. only buy from a proper dealer though, as if it is a dog it'll act up within a few months so you'll need a warranty that will actually get the car fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

My personal opinion would be "avoid". I've seen too many of them go wrong to recommend one. Depends on what you want from a car really. They are generally high spec, and there is adventurous styling. If those are your main reasons for buying a car then great.
    If you're looking for reliability or build quality, then there are better options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

One thing that I did worry about was the number of low mileage second hand units for sale - at a seemingly low price. Low mileage second handers of same model could lay weight to your arguments above.

I'll have another think about it.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

No no no no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

This is me in my time machine going into the future and meeting you with a Renault Megane :

Bwahahahahahahahahahah.

'Nuff said.

Advertisement