Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can you change insurers mid policy?

Options
  • 30-04-2007 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering, i renewed my policy on a 323ci and the end of march, pretty happy with new quote, 500 quid down on prev year and got full ncb protection added.

however im sure if i were to buy the 530i i mentioned below hibernian will charge me extra. thats fine but looking at insure.ie it seems that eagle star will insure me one for 690quid :eek: which is less than the 1,050 i had paid for the 323! this only applies to 5 series for some reason and not threes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

You should be able to change alright (depending on the T's & C's of your policy), the insurance company will refund the remaining balance minus some admin charge, the only thing is you wont get the benifit of another years NCB untill 12 months has passed with the new comapny, but if you already have a max no claims 7+ years i think, then that doesn't really matter.

Advertisement