Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ports closing by themselves?

Options
  • 30-04-2007 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭

Hello all. There is a strange problem with my internet connection that has just started over the weekend. I have been trying to use various filesharing software and bittorrent programs, but I can’t get any listing port to remain open. I had Zonealarm free on the pc, but I have since removed that and have tried to share with the win xp firewall, and even with no firewall. The programs claim the ports are available before I start sharing, but once I start the ports are closed. I fear it may be a virus but have not been able to find one. Is there any network setting that could be causing this, without a firewall? I am on IBB Ripwave and it while slow it usually works, my web browser still works.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Offalycool

Well I used a few port scanning programs and it appears all my ports are closed, even with no firewall? I don’t know what to do, any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Offalycool

Well it turns out Irish Broadband are throttling ports, even though they claim they don’t on their website :mad: . I found an open one eventually, 1720, commonly used for VoIP. :D

Advertisement