Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Full Run Tyres ?

Options
  • 30-04-2007 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi All,

First time posting on the motors board. Just looking for advise on some tyres.
    Has anyone here ever purchased or used a brand called "Full Run" ? Not finding much out about them on tinternet.

I have a Toyota Celica and am in the process of replacing my current set of tyres. They are 215 45 17" Bridgestone have given me the best quote but im not too familiar with that brand. Any advise would be much appreaciated.

Thanks,
    Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Personally I wouldnt use any brand if I couldnt find some sort of a result from a road test. Try www.eiretyres.com, they have a link to some road tests and prices are reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Google fullrun tyres. No space.

Chinese tyres. Apparently sold by Intersprint. See
    http://www.inter-sprint.nl/intersprint/ENG/maten_fullrun.php

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ernieb

thanks guys! appreaciate the input. At 100 quid a pop i wonder am i as well to go for a name brand ?

Eiretyres is a great site have used them before. Unfortunetly this time I have a double puncture (both on the left side). So i figured it best to just replace the 4 of them.

cheers again guys!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Are you referring to "Run Flat" tyres?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ernieb

Hi there,

No not run flat. The tyres I was querying about are a brand called full run. I google them and cant seem to find any decent reviews on them. Except that they are regarded in the budget catagory. Which at the 100 a pop im being charged seems a bit pricey. Just wondering if anyone on this board has used them before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Never heard of them despite my bits of tyre digging experience over the years, and I would hedge a bet that they are not going to be great. Sticking with well known brands would be a better bet.

Toyo Proxes T1Rs seem to be the best performance tire but without breaking the bank. Just did a quick flick thru eiretyres.com, the Goodyear Eagle F1 Ds3's (possibly the worlds best car tire) are only 126yoyos per corner in your size. I bet these full runs are not worth 100euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I also highly recommend the Toyo Proxes T1-Rs. Hard to find a local stockist in my neck of the woods.

I bought a set a couple of weeks ago from eiretyres.ie and find them to be an excellent tyre so far. Alot quieter than the Vredestein Sportrac I had before them and the rim protection is very handy if you have alloy wheels.

Eiretyres had the Toyo on special offer at €123 a corner for 17" at the time, just had a quick look and they are now €144. :eek:

BTW I have never heard of Full Run either.

Advertisement