Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hygiene standards during a makeover

• 30-04-2007 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering what are the minimum hygiene standards you would accept during a makeover?

The reason I ask is that I had one done recently and between myself and the previous client, none of the brushes were cleaned or changed, the mascara brush was the one from the bottle, the lipstick was used directly from the tube! Now the makeover was free, but even still, thats no reason to have bad hygiene practices I would imagine! :rolleyes:

Do you think this is unacceptable, and would you complain?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

It is unacceptable and quite frankly disgusting. And Im sure they would denial all if you came back to them with an eye or mouth infection. I could complain to the company but also the make-up brand. Im sure brands would not like the franchises bringing down the name of the company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Thank you! I thought I might have been overreacting. I guess you could get all sorts of nasty things!

The ironic thing is that it was in a chemist - you think they'd know better! Although maybe its a ploy to sell more cold-sore creams and conjunctivitus treatments <shudder>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

Wow, that's pretty bad! They should be using disposal mascara brushes etc - or otherwise if they are not disposal they should be kept in a steraliser!

Howlong does a thing of mascara last - in my experience its usually two months or so -- so can you imagine how many eyes that has been in contact with by the time is is running out :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Where was this place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

McCabes Pharmacy, Dundrum Town Centre, Lancome counter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

That is DISGUSTING. Have they no idea the amount of bacteria that builds up in a mascara tube?
    In BT's they use disposable mascara wands.

I think I would report them to health and safety authority. It's pretty easy to catch an infection from sharing a mascara or lipstick.

Advertisement