Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carberg Helmets

• 30-04-2007 4:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

Caberg Flip Face helmets, are they any good?
    I like the design as I wear glasses, so the flip front is handy. But is the Caberg helmet a good one?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Chunkylover

have 1 cant complain, to lazy to go and check the model of mine but it has the internal tinted visor
    Its not to loud, very comfortable (but I have an odd shaped head so it may not suit everyone), fairly light and the flip up makes life a lot easier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I have one too and I love it - mine sounds the same as Chunky's - is a Justissimo. Its handy for glasses when I wear them (blasted hayfever) and the internal visor comes down over the glasses no probs. All the lining comes out if you want to wash it too which is nice - nothing worse than a helmet thats dirty on the inside imo:D Also try it on in a shop here to get your size and then get it online to save monies - i saved over €100..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Where did you buy the helmet tk123?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I got it from this place - http://www.inter-bike.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

The Caberg Trip is on ebay for £90 plus P&P. But I can't find the Trip on the Caberg website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

I got mine from:
    http://www.thevisorshop.com/acatalog/Main_Menu_CABERG_Helmets__404.html

The prices are pretty good and they're based up north with free delivery, you can also drop in to try them on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Any body got a CABERG V2 HELMET they look prety damn cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Fair few reviews for the Caberg Justissimo here: [Linky]

They sell 'em in GP Motorcycles beside Connolly Station in Dublin. I thought they were being sold there for €110 but, looking at the online price, perhaps I'm mistaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Dr4gul4 wrote:
    Any body got a CABERG V2 HELMET they look prety damn cool

I have a v2, i like it. Its a bit loud but i wear earplugs most of the time so it doesnt bother me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

I've a Caberg Justissimo, got it in Bikeworld, though I had a discount card at the time.

Very comfortable, well made, inner visor excellent. Passes all the safety tests with flying colours. Find it quite noisy though, especially at motorway speeds. It's the noisiest helmet I've had I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 mumba36

Anybody got any ideas on how to to do a visor change on a justimo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭raven41

You need to lever off that plastic flap at the side of the helmet just where your ears would be. Its tricky enough to do without breaking the damn thing. Afraid its a brute force and ignorance job.
    Once you have done that changing the visor is fairly straight forward.
    Btw have had the justissimo for 4 years now and rate it as an excellent budget lid. Great fit and well finished. Once you have used the flip down sun visor you will never buy a helmet without one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mr chips

I have a Caberg Konda. It's a good comfortable lid, not too heavy and a slightly better fit for me than my previous one (a Lazer Granville) which might partly be down to the fact that it doesn't crush my ears as much. I only go for flip-front helmets so can't comment the noisiness of the Caberg in comparison with a full-face lid. The internal sun visor is a godsend, especially as I can set it to whatever height I want so that if I'm not riding directly into the glare of the sun I can use it to cast some shade over my eyes without obscuring my vision for the road. It doesn't touch my glasses, but putting it right down means that it will touch the end of my nose! Fortunately it can be set at the right height to avoid doing this and give me full shade for the eyes.

However in cold/wet weather I've found the main visor tends to mist up a bit, and I when I bought it I wasn't able to find an anti-fog insert like the one I put into the Lazer helmet. Having said that, I just googled this again and now have found this link - http://www.pinlockshop.co.uk/category-pl/caberg# - so I might be getting one of those.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I have a "Caberg Trip" and think its a very good helpmet, but not good for noise. The Cabers flip helpmets are the only ones that get 5 starts for safety, but others tell me they are not good and I should invest in a better one.

I want to get a new helmet soon, probably not a flip up next time though. Not sure what to get though

Advertisement