Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones - Newtownmountkennedy, help please!

Options
  • 30-04-2007 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi all,I am going to stay in Druid's Glen on Sunday and I don't really want to bring the car (because will be having dinner/wine/beer on Sunday night so don't want to be driving back to Dublin the next morn.) Can anyone tell me if it is far from Greystones dart station to the hotel? I was thinking about getting dart to Greystones,then a taxi from Greystones to hotel, can't find out anywhere how close it is. If anyone can fill me in it would be much appreciated.
    Cheers,FT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Shouldn't be much more than a 15 - 20 minute taxi ride from Greystones station to the Marriot.

Check the useful numbers link in the stickies at the top to get a number for a cab if you want to book one to meet your train.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Don't know the exact distance, but this map may give you a very rough idea of how far away it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

The hotel is just on the far side of Kilcoole to Greystones, not sure about the distance from the Dart, maybe around 4 or 5 miles so it's not far really. I don't know how much a taxi will cost, I've paid €7 to get to Charlesland from the station so they're not that cheap around here. Probably the best bet is to ring a local taxi co. like Kilcoole Kabs and ask them (sorry, I don't have their number but maybe if you Google it?) or else the hotel should know. The other thing is that there often aren't any taxis at the station in Greystones but there is a list of numbers on the wall in the station if you don't mind waiting for one to arrive, otherwise book one in advance!

Hope that's of some help and enjoy your weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

184 takes 25mins from Greystones station to Newtown according to this :

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?placeName=Newtownmountkennedy&SelectedRoute=184

Sunday service not great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

maybe you should just ring the hotel and ask. surely they will be able to tell you better than anyone, they might even pick you up. ask for dawn - she is fantastic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

The hotel runs a shuttle bus from greystones dart station.

http://marriott.com/hotels/maps/travel/dubgs-marriott-druids-glen-hotel-and-country-club/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

eigrod wrote:
    184 takes 25mins from Greystones station to Newtown according to this :

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?placeName=Newtownmountkennedy&SelectedRoute=184

Sunday service not great though.

But Dublin Bus also say that it takes the 84 five minutes to get from Kilcoole to Newcastle and back. And this end of the line picks up every single delay anyway!

Advertisement