Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice: first communion present from god father ?

Options
  • 30-04-2007 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

hi all

determined to get this right

i need advice on what to buy my god son for his first communion.
    but he has well to do parents and has pretty much anything he wants/needs-

my parents are buying him a watch

added complication is he is a twin and his sister is also making her communion.
    need to get her something too but make his a little more special.

i'd like to get something that he has when older but appreciates when 7.

any ideas ?

any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

I would have said a watch but that's already covered. It's a tough one.

Does he have a bike?

Would he be a sports fan? Tickets for you, himself and his Dad to the next big match in his favourite sport/favourite team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭demosuzki

dame wrote:
    Does he have a bike?

he, famously can cycle when his older brother can't master it :-)

not a bad idea. i'll pass it by my sister but, as i siad, they seem to have everything they need and more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

My daughter go a complete set of coins from the year she was born in - you can get them from central bank in a gift display case - I thight this was a nice unusual present. (About€ 25

We got my nephew a family membership to the zoo (€125) if you're feeling more generous -both your nephew and niece would be able to take advantage of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Give him the gift of time - No, not a watch - Take him out with you for a day doing whatever gets him going - zoo or sports or sea trip or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

That's a good idea, nothing like a nice memory based on the event to make it more special, the beauty of this is that you can include the twin. And the godson will know the day was his, everyone will enjoy it and the lad will feel more special as he will have a nice memory.
    I couldn't offer any better advice than that. Material stuff is nice but memories are just as good if not better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

if he is into books and reading there is a shop Top floor in Stephens Green centre Dublin ,that make personalised and unique books. You pick the stories and they add child's name ,child's address etc in the story or things like that. you decide want you want.

my kid's god mother got him one and its a fantastic gift

Advertisement