Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick Insurance Question

Options
  • 30-04-2007 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I had a quick look at the charter and couldn't see if this question was appropriate for this forum - feel free to move if it belongs elsewhere.

Anyway, my question ...

I am buying my first car this week, and have received a reasonable quotation for insurance from Quinn. The seller of the car wants to transfer insurance this week, but I don't even have my provisional license yet.

Can I insure the car without having a license? - obviously I will not be driving it, but would like to be covered against theft. Is there a special policy I should take or should I just take the policy (3rd party, F&T) from quinn and say nothing ?

Thanks in advance,
    Sean

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

As far as I know, you will need at least a provisional licence to get insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

If you hide something from your insurer, and they find out, your policy is null and void.

Anyway, if you're not driving, just register the car as off the road and don't bother insuring it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

viboy wrote:
    The seller of the car wants to transfer insurance this week
    :confused:The transfer of the seller's insurance is irrelevant. That's a matter for him/her and their insurance company. It's got nothing to do with the buyer.

Advertisement