Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breed Specific Foods: A Con?

Options
  • 30-04-2007 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on whether the Royal Canin breed specific dog foods are a bit of a waste of time. The reason I ask is that my local shop doesn't stock the Dachshund one and consequently I have to order and go back and collect it 2 weeks later. I don't think I'd be doing him much of a dis-service by just buying the generic Royal Canin small-dog adult food. Any opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It won't make that much of a difference to him if you buy the small dog adult food. Normally with the breed specific ones, they have extra nutrients to cater for the health issues that certain breeds have. Anyway regardless of that, it won't hurt your dog or be any harm to him to switch to the generic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Clever marketing, IMO ...nothing else.

I'd like to see a scientific reasearch done into the actual differences.
    I'd be very surprised if any were found.

Also, any differing needs that any given dog may have in regards to food will vary between different individual dogs and not different breeds.

Advertisement