Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband and alarm problem

Options
  • 30-04-2007 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

I have had broadband for 2 years, but have been having terrible trouble over the past 2 months, it only works now if either i put my phone off the hook or am using the phone, while using the phone I can actually hear the modem connecting. Eircom have been out a few times changing modem dsl filters pretty much everything they have treied . They said that the fault was caused by the alarm which is monitored. The alarm company then came out and told me that this was eircoms problem!!.
    I know this must be a pretty obscure problem, but maybe someone here has had the same problem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Someone posted a DIY solution in the Net & Comms forum a while back. I think this thread may be of assistance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Near90fm

i have had exactly the same problem. BB worked ok with phonewatch (I paid for the filter) until end January , when it just stopped. three engineers later, countless phonecalls to BB helpdesk, and I figured that BB only worked when the line was engaged. Last engineer tried his best, said it was fixed, but still no joy. The line must be engaged to use broadband. phonewatch blame BB, and vice versa. I've just given up on them,...for now. Need to re-charge my batteries before I can face BB helpdesk again

Advertisement