Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest n95 in Ireland.

• 30-04-2007 5:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭

Well, there's a guy on this board who claims he can get them for €625, but with poor communication i'm reluctant to go with it.

So the next cheapest is now pixmania

€692 (was €704 yesterday) + €14 DHL delivery = €706 all in.

Nobody can beat that. All the UK sites only ship to the UK even if they say they ship to Ireland. Cheapest anyway is mobilefun.co.uk which are £440 sterling (~€640).

So for the extra €60, you get rapid delivery and some sort of comeback with a big company like pixmania. I'm tempted :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Surely a handier thing to do would be to get it delivered to a friend or relative in "the north"?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

3G stores have a sign in the window for them at 750 I think. I'd pay the extra 40 or so over pixmania to have a store to go back to as there seem to be a lot of teething problems with the early ones..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

Nokias rrp for the n95 is 550 Euro... if you're looking for the best deal just wait a month or so. If you just HAVE to get one now, then check some of the power sellers on ebay. Don't go for a Vodafone UK or o2 UK one though as you might have difficulty unlocking them. You can get from about 490 Euro upwards for sim free models.

So if they are going for that price now then in a month the regular online shops probably will have come back down to sensible levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

GUIGuy wrote:
    Nokias rrp for the n95 is 550 Euro... if you're looking for the best deal just wait a month or so. If you just HAVE to get one now, then check some of the power sellers on ebay. Don't go for a Vodafone UK or o2 UK one though as you might have difficulty unlocking them. You can get from about 490 Euro upwards for sim free models.

So if they are going for that price now then in a month the regular online shops probably will have come back down to sensible levels.

Where can you get it for 490.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

copacetic wrote:
    3G stores have a sign in the window for them at 750 I think. I'd pay the extra 40 or so over pixmania to have a store to go back to as there seem to be a lot of teething problems with the early ones..

ye i think i would agree its worth it, i seen it in 3G €759.00 sim free, not sure if they hav the sand and plum ones....:cool:

GUIGuy wrote:

no way will the rrp price come to 550 soon.Look at 3g its 750.
    Nokia alway say that but it wont happen yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

Its on ebay now:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/brand-neww-boxed-nokia-n95-all-network_W0QQitemZ290111370863QQihZ019QQcategoryZ3312QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thats a Nokia one... nhot a voda, orange, o2 etc.

Nokia releases the "Recommended" Retail Price for all phones. For the N95 its 550.
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/mobile-phones/news/2006/09/27/Nokia-Unveils-Rrrevoltionary-N95/p1

That includes a profit for both Nokia and the reatailer... if the retailer wants to charge more that the RRP then fine. If however, a retailer suggests that the RRP is anything different then what Nokia has then remind them of the Advertising Standards Authority rules!

Its only because people are willing to pay over the odds that reatilers can make their reality distortion field come true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

GUIGuy wrote:
    Nokias rrp for the n95 is 550 Euro...

Correct, but you forget VAT, delivery, and related charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

testicle wrote:
    Correct, but you forget VAT, delivery, and related charges.
    rrp is the recommended retail price so it includes vat. the only extra should be delivery and idiot tax

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

rrp is the recommended retail price so it includes vat. the only extra should be delivery and idiot tax

Not in this case. This is the pre-tax RRP.

How can you set a world wide RRP, when the VAT rate (and import tax for non EU) is different for each country???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Just noticed that a firmware update has been posted on the Nokia site for the N95; nothing OTA yet, though, even though the device sports 'device manager' expressly for the purpose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Has anyone here ordered one from Komplett? Every time I check their stock it is always on back order, I have yet to see them 'in stock'. If I place an order will it be sent out as soon as the next delivery comes in?

I realise their price is dearer than others but would like to get the sand colour if I could and they are the only place that specify between colours.

BTW stay away from onedaymobile for the n95. I ordered from them last week, was told it would arrive on friday and it didnt. They lied to me and said that it was sent out from their supplier (it wasent) and have since cancel my order. Beware...

Dave6195 wrote:
    Has anyone here ordered one from Komplett? Every time I check their stock it is always on back order, I have yet to see them 'in stock'. If I place an order will it be sent out as soon as the next delivery comes in?

I realise their price is dearer than others but would like to get the sand colour if I could and they are the only place that specify between colours.

BTW stay away from onedaymobile for the n95. I ordered from them last week, was told it would arrive on friday and it didnt. They lied to me and said that it was sent out from their supplier (it wasent) and have since cancel my order. Beware...

I have noticed that komplett never have stock of these phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

why not get one of these phones from china for about €300?

jammer84 wrote:
    why not get one of these phones from china for about €300?

fakes or something.Where can you get them for 300?

there's a few sites in china that are selling them for this cheap.

www.lguigalley.com is one of them and i think www.fewtoe.com

jammer84 wrote:
    there's a few sites in china that are selling them for this cheap.

www.lguigalley.com is one of them and i think www.fewtoe.com

They are scams.I know wholesalers and they dont even get them at that price.Its bull****.If you get one that cheap let me know i will take afew.

just got an email from him there, €220 for phone that is unlocked, shipping and insurance with 2 year warranty. he will also ship as gift to avoid customs and taxes. Would love to try it but would crack up if it was a scam for €220

jammer84 wrote:
    just got an email from him there, €220 for phone that is unlocked, shipping and insurance with 2 year warranty. he will also ship as gift to avoid customs and taxes. Would love to try it but would crack up if it was a scam for €220

In my opinion thats a scam, i have been interested in buy and selling phones for the past 6 years and never came across a deal like that before, How do they want payment. If that was real we would all be multi millionaires and i would Guarantee that

• Advertisement

i think you can pay with paypal! Check it out www.lguigalley.com

jammer84 wrote:
    i think you can pay with paypal! Check it out www.lguigalley.com

that website is really slow and crappy.Anyway give it a ry and let us know how you get on :)

dunno if i can afford it at the moment with shoppin for a new car, headin to killarney at the weekend and to gran canaria for two weeks on the 19th. Money will be a bit tight for trying it for a while. Would love to get the n95 though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

--> How is the Payment Terms?
    Our preferable Payment Terms:
    * Western Union
    * T/T ( Prepayment via our Bank Account -Bank of China )
    *Moneygram

http://www.sinoabroad.com/info.asp?typecode=6

SCAM ! ;)

that sorts that out

lokk like it'l be an extra long time before i can get it! :(

--> How is the Payment Terms?
    Our preferable Payment Terms:
    * Western Union
    * T/T ( Prepayment via our Bank Account -Bank of China )
    *Moneygram

http://www.sinoabroad.com/info.asp?typecode=6

SCAM ! ;)

I told jammer its a scammer.I already have a N95 so dont need to test it out :)

how do ya find the n95? any crashing or anything? love to get it. had the n80 1 1/2 months before it crashed taking my sim with it

jammer84 wrote:
    how do ya find the n95? any crashing or anything? love to get it. had the n80 1 1/2 months before it crashed taking my sim with it

No problems at all.Perfect phone.

how long have you had it? not one glitch at all?

• Advertisement

jammer84 wrote:
    how long have you had it? not one glitch at all?

I got 2, but sold one and kept the other.I first used it 3 weeks ago but i just got my one yesterday. Its a beautiful phone.Really recommend it and i dont recommend anything unless its amazing :)

Advertisement