Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest n95 in Ireland.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

jammer84 wrote:
    how do ya find the n95? any crashing or anything? love to get it. had the n80 1 1/2 months before it crashed taking my sim with it

Battery life is woeful. I keep mine charged at night - surf on the bus into work (1 hour) and with maybe one or two short calls (five minutes in total) it'll have a low battery by 11:30 am. For GPS use you really need it using a with a car charger plugged in.

It is very advanced though, so much so the GPS advised me of a new bypass for Castleblaney that is only in the process of being dug now.

But definitely the batytery won't even last a day unless you don't use it at all - otherwise it has it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

not too bad, really looking forward to getting one. I wonder is there any way of getting a better batterie for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

It's crap as a BT modem. I hope the new firmware has sorted this but I haven't applied it yet as I haven't had time.

And so have reverted to the USB cable. And I can say that I am flying at the moment using my 3 dataSIM as the train heads for Drogheda ex-Dundalk! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Battery life is woeful. I keep mine charged at night - surf on the bus into work (1 hour) and with maybe one or two short calls (five minutes in total) it'll have a low battery by 11:30 am. For GPS use you really need it using a with a car charger plugged in.

It is very advanced though, so much so the GPS advised me of a new bypass for Castleblaney that is only in the process of being dug now.

But definitely the batytery won't even last a day unless you don't use it at all - otherwise it has it all.

What sat nav system are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭rubberduckey

Hi Guys, I can't wait any longer for the price to come down...before I purchase on either clove.co.uk or pixmania, has anybody seen the N95 cheaper??

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

Hi Guys, I can't wait any longer for the price to come down...before I purchase on either clove.co.uk or pixmania, has anybody seen the N95 cheaper??

Thanks in advance

Do you have to pay VAT if you buy from clove.co.uk , It seems like a good enough price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

drdre wrote:
    Do you have to pay VAT if you buy from clove.co.uk , It seems like a good enough price

No.
    What sat nav system are you using?

The Nokia Smart2go one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭slith

No.

Uh YES? Unless you are exempt for some other reason.

slith wrote:
    Uh YES? Unless you are exempt for some other reason.

Thats what i was thinking.You do have to pay vat.then you can claim it back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭slith

drdre wrote:
    Thats what i was thinking.You do have to pay vat.then you can claim it back

But you claim it back in same way you might claim it back for anything else. Because you are exempt, not because you are buying from UK and use it in Eire. Unfortunately.

• Advertisement

slith wrote:
    But you claim it back in same way you might claim it back for anything else. Because you are exempt, not because you are buying from UK and use it in Eire. Unfortunately.

Yes its a normal vat claim.not just because you buy from uk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Templecom on the quays behind Temple Bar are selling the N95 now for Eur769. I know its not cheap but at least it is a local established retailer if anything goes wrong...Still too expensive for me though:(

Templecom on the quays behind Temple Bar are selling the N95 now for Eur769. I know its not cheap but at least it is a local established retailer if anything goes wrong...Still too expensive for me though:(

Yeah that is expensive for a phone, Id never pay that much except for the new nokia 8800 gold which im tempted to buy, or ofcourse for a vertu

carphone warehouse has them for €719 i think

jammer84 wrote:
    carphone warehouse has them for €719 i think
    I think you mean 3G Stores

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

on a seperate note i came across this today...
    http://www.mx2.co.uk/default.asp?part=SANMICROSD2GB

bout the cheapest iv seen, think they are slightly out of stock at the mo btu still a good deal..

nah in the carphone warehouse magazine/brouchure they have them sim free advertised just inside the cover!

splinter wrote:
    on a seperate note i came across this today...
    http://www.mx2.co.uk/default.asp?part=SANMICROSD2GB

bout the cheapest iv seen, think they are slightly out of stock at the mo btu still a good deal..

yeah thats an alright price.Just look on ebay and you might find cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

jammer84 wrote:
    nah in the carphone warehouse magazine/brouchure they have them sim free advertised just inside the cover!

rang them, they dont stock them - they will order them in on request at eur719.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

3G stores have stock at 719.... but thats still too dear, well for a mortgage slave like me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement