Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Repairs in Cork

Options
  • 30-04-2007 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a good repair company in Cork - I have a Philips tv thats causing probs at the moment, but its way too bit to take into a shop, so I'd need a call out...just a bit wary of who to call ??

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

We get ours fixed at Union Quay. Theres a TV repair Centre called AV (audio visual) centre. Its just round from the school of music/RTE studios.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 peveril13

hey!
    MF services are in wilton, they deal with philips, phone 4348988. AV do repair electricals but dont do philips.
    what is the model and whats wrong with it? I dont think that you are gonna get anybody to repair onsite, so its gonna have to move somewhere.
    if its the 6006 model then you are wasting your time cause they were awful and theres no point pouring more money into something like that.
    overall, philips are rubbish and I would be very reluctant to get anything of theirs repaired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

Funny that - they repaired our Philips.
    And yeah phillips are crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Cheers.....

Its a 32PW9576 100Hz pure wide flatscreen...about 6 years old now, but a nice piece of kit all the same...albeit flippin heavy to lug around ;)

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?scy=GB&slg=ENG&cat=TV_CONVENTIONAL_CA&sct=WIDESCREEN_LARGE_29_32_SU&session=20070430170452_194.46.87.90&grp=TV_GR&ctn=32PW9576/05R&mid=Link_ProductInformation&hlt=Link_ProductInformation

I would hope its worth repairing - when you switch it on, it tends to stick in standby mode unless you switch it on several times, in which case (if you are lucky) it comes to life...

Oh and on the Philips slagging.....All my kit is philips & this is the first time that I've ever had problems, so like everything its down to experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Another thumbs up for AV services
    .... and another thumbs down for Philips...

• Advertisement

correction, MF are the Philips agents,
    AV repair just about anything.

I work in electrial retail, just the name philips gives me a chill they are so bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

there is a tv repair place on douglas st at the end by centra dunno how reliable it is my uncle brought stuff there before and it all came back in working order

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I've never had a problem with Philips kit. I don't buy it exclusively or anything, but the things I have bought have never gone bang on me or anything.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

My personal experience of Philips kit hasn't been particularly good, and my experience with their support has been iffy. Case in point - had an flash drive mp3 player of theirs, had it replaced 3 times in the 1 year warranty period and when the 3rd replacement failed 1 month out of the warranty period they essentially said "suck it up and buy a new one, there's nothing wrong with that model".

Not sure if it applies to all their gear, but I'm wary of anything they make at this point...

ya, the philips mp3 players are really awful.
    just about every1 I ever sold of them came back at one time or another. and like U said they fail repeatedly.
    their tvs are avg at best, and dont get me started on their dvd recorders!

• Advertisement

ya, the philips mp3 players are really awful.
    just about every1 I ever sold of them came back at one time or another. and like U said they fail repeatedly.
    their tvs are avg at best, and dont get me started on their dvd recorders!

and when u do have a problem they are just impossible to deal with on any level, nobody takes responsibility for anything with them and they just leave U running round in circles

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

All I know if that my mother's had a Philips TV for years and she's never had a problem with it. I have Philips phones and they're great. And I've had other Philips kit. I haven't had a Philips MP3 player though, and tbh I wouldn't buy one. No offense lads, but who buys a Philips MP3 player. :)

(I've had dealings with MF too, no problems. That was a good while back though.)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Buddy used to work for MF in the Coal Quay days. The Phillips Microwaves they repaired had a timer built in. You could set the number of hours you wanted, and once they'd expired, up would come "Err", and you'd have to take it back to a service centre. Handy, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 graphite1

There is a place I can recommend for tv,plasma, lcd repairs in Cork which is very easy to get at(park). It is in Wilton High street centre behind Ulster bank, 021-4346110.

Hope this helps someone..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Die zombie die!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

have a problem with my tv when i plug it in there seems to be no power getting into it,it takes a few times to get the red light on then when i try to turn it on by remote or pressing the button it turns green then just dies no red light at all nothing does anybody have any ideas about this???thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I actually started this thread way back in 2007, so probably appropriate I close it as a Zombie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement