Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New car delivery

Options
  • 30-04-2007 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

I ordered a new VW in early April for delivery in 8-12 weeks. This was plenty of time I thought as I need the car for a trip to the continent on the 28 July.

Today, over three weeks later, I was at the dealers getting my current car serviced. Chatting to the salesman he told me that he hasn't put the order in yet! Said he didn't put it in because they were changing models.I'm getting that sinking feeling that the car is not going to be ready in time. He said that if it was getting tight that he would send them an email!

I ordered climate control/air conditioning as my very young children will be travelling with me on the journey of around 1000km, most of it in 30+ degrees. My current car has no air con and was a torture for me when I was over there on my own previously. This makes me worry for the kids.

Any VW owner know if 8-12 weeks means 8-12 weeks?

Would there be any point in contacting VW? My only other experience of contacting a company head office was when I waited 11 months for a new Astra and two registered letters to Opel were ignored, or at least unanswered.

Are Volkswagen any better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

hey Shayser, I waited exactly 8 weeks for my GTI, well it was almost 9 by the time it got registered and I collected. Similarly, I waited 9 weeks for an Audi A3 couple of years ago. Bizzarely, a Ford Focus took 16 weeks to arrive to me back in 2002! Nearly drove me bonkers at the time, cos I'd sold on my previous car.

What "model change" is he talking about? I assume its the new manufacturing year model, i.e. MY08 as VW would refer to it. This always happens around end May/early June. As far as I know, there are some very minor spec/trim changes due - see here: http://www.tyresmoke.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/1,2,12,15,22,25,26,27,8/Number/1126184/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD

So if he hasn't ordered yet, expect to wait another 8 weeks I'm afraid - which is still well within your end-July deadline!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Cheers Joe. And thanks for the link. The posters there seem to be talking about a reduction in spec!

Fingers crossed the car comes in time. Glad it went smoothly for you!

It never rains but it pours for me!!
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055086152

The posters there are mostly based in UK, so Irish specs would be different again. Doesn't look like there's any significant changes, other than minor stuff like symbols on the aircon controls!
    Yeah, the sunroof was dropped from the GTI in the last spec change - i.e. MY07! Manual aircon was added in its place. I'm afraid you made the mistake in assuming dealers know the car specs - they generally don't.

duplicate.

Any that I have dealt with have been arrogant and ignorant of their trade. The VW website has wrong prices and other information, information on which customer base their decision to spend 30, 40, 50,000 euro. Would it happen in other industries?

• Advertisement

yeah, their website is a total joke, so I suppose that tells you all you need to know about how much they train up sales staff on their products! The guy I bought mine off was using the VW website to check specs/option prices! I had to tell him his company website was out of date!!
    Clearly when Golf's and Passats are flying out of the showrooms, they probably don't see the need to spend money on it!

Advertisement