Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog kennels in the Sligo area?

• 30-04-2007 6:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭

I just wondered if anyone knew of any reputable ones please, my mum is looking for one to leave her dog into for a week.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Northwest Kennels just outside Ballymote (in the phone book)
    Our dogs love it there and the people that run the place "eat, sleep and drink" dogs ...couldn't recommend them enough.

It's not a particularly "plush" place with personalised bowls and soothing music playing in the background :D ...but doggy heaven instead.
    Very large (several acres), fenced in area for the dogs to run around and get mucky and knowing owners that understand how to group dogs together during playtime for maximum fun and minimum disturbances.

This is where one of ours discoverd "bog snorkeling" as his new hobby ..he always comes back mucky ...but happy as Larry :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Thanks so much for that, I'll look them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

There's another place out in Calry.
    It's ok. I board my dogs their the whole time.
    I can pm you the number if you get nowhere with northwest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭mjffey

peasant wrote:
    Northwest Kennels just outside Ballymote (in the phone book)
    Our dogs love it there and the people that run the place "eat, sleep and drink" dogs ...couldn't recommend them enough.

It's not a particularly "plush" place with personalised bowls and soothing music playing in the background :D ...but doggy heaven instead.
    Very large (several acres), fenced in area for the dogs to run around and get mucky and knowing owners that understand how to group dogs together during playtime for maximum fun and minimum disturbances.

This is where one of ours discoverd "bog snorkeling" as his new hobby ..he always comes back mucky ...but happy as Larry :)

I agree. Call Uli & Ika. tel 071-9165295 or 087-2863302. I'am biased of course because they are friend of ours, and we got two irish wolfhounds of them, but never the less, They are fab with dogs.
    Marie-Jeanne

mjffey wrote:
    I agree. Call Uli & Ika. tel 071-9165295 or 087-2863302. I'am biased of course because they are friend of ours, and we got two irish wolfhounds of them, but never the less, They are fab with dogs.
    Marie-Jeanne

Thanks for that, also if you could pm me the Calry number please Gillie. I think my mum may have used North West in the past now you mention the names, but she got lost on the way there and it sort of put her off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I surf in Sligo all the time, I wonder would this work....

A Sligo doggy person wants to house swap with a Dublin doggy person, I go surfing for the weekend while minding your dogs and staying in your house. The Sligo people stay in my house, shopping and enjoying Dublin while minding my dogs.

It just might work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Any more boarding kennels or reviews of ones?

There was another thread about boarding kennels, I'll try and find it.

There was this one but it was about Lough Bo:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=62445893

I used one in Drumcliffe and it was fine, just had big hassle trying to get the dog back.
    I'm trying to find out about one in the Tubbercurry area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 galway23

hi guys,
    this is probably a bit far ye, but i recently left my ckc, who is treated like a baby, out a a place in OUGHtaearad (spelling), she is really amazin, im sometimes afraid she wont want 2 come home.
    PM me if u want more details,
    i wudnt leave " my baby" to anywhere to else, ive left her a few times, she is just something else ( in an amazing way), i love her!
    PLease pm me if u want any details ( i dnt get any commission, she justs takes my baby n makes her happy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I use the Lough Bo Kennels in Geevagh regularly and my two dogs love it. Wouldn't definitely recommend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 oldfart

Hi - oldish thread I know but it still comes up in google - I found Lough Bo boarding kennels to be the best, reviews can be seen here but my own personal review is that I cant recommend them enough - great service and I know for a fact that my dogs enjoyed their stay here. Other kennels they stayed at in the past they definitely seemed a bit weary afterwards. Not at this place!!

Advertisement