Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Antique Art?

• 30-04-2007 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭

My neighbours are moving house and have given me a gilt edged picture , country farming scene, oil on canvas by Wilf Walker (it's signed on the front). I have never heard of this artist and was wondering is it worth holding on to or is it best hidden in the attic (can't bear to give many things away!)? I did an internet search and came up with nothing. I also received an ainsley china large lamp which i intend to hold on to.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭Bernard Hopkins

can you post an image of the Painting ?... sounds interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

The images look so like the painting i have. I should have realised it was American Scenery not British. I'll be home in Cork next weekend and i'll upload an image. Had a look at soe of his stuff online and it went from between 10,000 and 15,000 USD (about E11,500). I think I willl hold on to it as it is a nice aesthetically pleasing peice. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :)

cant wait to see the images.
    mind you , most things are not quite as valuable as one thinks, its a rare fraction of things turn out to be of outrageous value !!

best of luck,
    B-hop.

Advertisement