Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargaintown - refund problems

Options
  • 30-04-2007 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi All - just putting the feelers out there. I bought a product at Bargaintown and have a serious issue with it, I have not even taken delivery of it and have paid in full. Not getting into the details in relation to the problems but looking at the legislation and consumer advice association I am entitled to a refund as I was misled by the sales assistant.

I have been diplomatic and polite for three weeks while I have been chasing the store manager via drop in visits and calls. He has not returned any of my messages. Finally the store manager came back to me after they lied to me about him being at another store for a day, I actually travelled to the other store to confront him and they said he was never there at all !!. The store manager told me (over the phone) that it is the firm's policy not to give refunds and that he could do nothing. He said only the owner could make that decision.

After another week of chasing the owner of the chain at their HQ I finally made a stand today and refused to leave the shop until somebody gave me his mobile number as they were simply brushing me off the entire time and he was not returning messages. He was appalling on the phone and simply hung up after a couple of mins, clearly caught off gaurd at my call and not willing to sort this amicably

Has anybody else had such difficulties securing refunds from Bargaintown stores and did you manage to actually get one - if so how?

Any insights much aprpeciated - small claims court the next step.

Advertisement