Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Weird Problem

Options
  • 30-04-2007 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

has anyone experienced this problem and i hope im explaining it properly, i have the eircom 2 meg package, the router i have is the netgear dg834g router

The long and the short of it is my router is losing synch but not during the daytime, in fact not randomly, it is at 2 specific times in the evening, in the beginning it was at 7.32PM and then at 7.38PM exactly, now i say in the beginning because i did have an old firmware on the router so upgraded it to that, now the disconnects are happening 2 hours later at 9.32 pm and 9.38pm exactly

this is driving me up the wall, and for the life of me cannot figure out why this is happening only at those times and not at any other point in the day

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

You don't have any devices 'phoning home' or anything at the same times every day, surely?

How far are you from your exchange? Does the problem still occur when you have nothing else but the router connected to the phone-line?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Does the disconnect happen if you use the Eircom supplied router?

Have you tried resetting the netgear to factory settings in case there have been any mysterious control settings set up in the netgear?

Any possibility of using the netgear on another line to see if it also disconnects there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

the router stays connected throughout the day and only disconnects at those set times only so dont think its anything to do with the router, ive checked in the router and theres no control setting set for it to disconnect at a set time

have also reset the router just in case and makes no difference 9.32pm and 9.38pm is the only times it disconnects loses synch and then reconnects, ie the dsl light goes out on the router

Shin

Advertisement