Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reading vs Newcastle

• 30-04-2007 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

okish game but highlight had to be mascot getting sent off :D

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

bramble? Not like he's a football player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

shocking display, once again.

I think Roeder will be out the door in the summer.
    I'm not sure I want big Sam though, but I suppose he couldn't be much worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Big Sam with money to buy....mad thought that!!!

1-0 Reading Kitson scored, newcastle were poor, Reading solid.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

KdjaCL wrote:
    Big Sam with money to buy....mad thought that!!!

Yeah, the big question is, will he spend wisely wherever he goes?
    Can he make a team play good football? Bolton can hardly be accused of being pretty on the eye most of the time.

evilhomer wrote:
    Yeah, the big question is, will he spend wisely wherever he goes?
    Can he make a team play good football? Bolton can hardly be accused of being pretty on the eye most of the time.

Look at the Bolton team, tbh many miss it due to the horribleness of it all but some good ball players there greek dude Diouf Speed etc: Just big Sam gets them playing as a team.

God its awful and tbh Newcastle need that too much flair not enough hard players.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Didn't see any of the game. How did Owen do on his return? Did he last the full match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

yeah owen played the 90 minutes, looked pretty sharp, had the ball in the back of the net after a few minutes, just a fraction offside unfortunatly.

On a general note, i really dont know what the hell was going through roeders mind with his tactics tonight. dyer as captain? what the hell!!! we need to invest in some defenders and some big strong midfielders in the summer, its a pity nicky butt isnt a few years younger.

Pighead wrote:
    Didn't see any of the game. How did Owen do on his return? Did he last the full match?

Looked sharp scored 2 offside goals early, then fell into the crap team thing that plagues newcastle.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

KdjaCL wrote:
    Looked sharp scored 2 offside goals early, then fell into the crap team thing that plagues newcastle.

kdjac
    D'ya reckon he's gonna hang around? Or will he do a Ronaldo and say thanks for all the patience and support but I'm off to pastures new.(Man U perhaps?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

No way in hell, owen is staying, he would never leave so early, he wouldnt do that to the fans. He has said repeatedly that he is looking forward to next season and getting newcastle back up to where they should be.

• Advertisement

No way in hell, owen is staying, he would never leave so early, he wouldnt do that to the fans. He has said repeatedly that he is looking forward to next season and getting newcastle back up to where they should be.

Afaik he said the same about Real there to prove himself etc:

Wouldnt suprise me if he was sold and new manager got the 20 mill to spend.

kdjac

Advertisement