Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Know There Are Other Threads About Lucid Dreaming but...

• 30-04-2007 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

I wanted to start a fresh one rather than trawling though the boards. The idea of this fascinates me and I wanted to know has anyone achieved it? I know it is something you can learn with time and I want to know if anyone did this and how long it took, and how difficult they found it to achieve. Once you did what was it like?
    Any anecdotes welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I did. First one was after about two weeks of keeping a journal. Very cool. Although the dream almost always vanished into nothing once lucidity kicked in, its like my brain stopped generating dream imagery. General workload of waking life made me forget about it after about a month though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Poppy84

I saw this thread on the homepage and it sparked my interest so to find out what lucid dreaming is I googled it, I read the definition and i realised i have often dreamt in a lucid state.
    When i have reoccuring dreams I find i can alter the dream as to a different outcome as I am aware in the dream that I have had the dream before.

I have very vivid dreams, a lot of reoccuring ones and often i am concious of switching dreams while i am sleeping i just thought it was normal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭barrett1965

Lucid Dreaming is something I'd love to master.

It was suggested to me recently I should keep a dream journal and I was amazed at the ammount of dreams I was having and how much of them I could remember.

If anyone has some tips on how to induce one, I'd be very grateful.

If anyone has some tips on how to induce one, I'd be very grateful.

Reality checks. Essentially get into the habit of doing a little check, like trying to push your finger through a wall, during the day. You'll know its ridiculous when you're awake but once you've been doing it for a while and its on your mind you'll eventually do it in a dream and bam, your finger goes through a wall in the dream and it all goes lucid.

I know it sounds ridiculous but the mind works in really weird ways, this is what triggered both my lucid dreams. Another nifty reality check is to read something, look away and then read it again. In a dream the text will almost always be different the second time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

A way I find easy is to go to bed in the afternoon or morning, as if to take a nap, because to be guaranteed to lucid dream right from the beginning, you need to stay awake until you start dreaming. If you try and do it at night, you will be too tired to stay awake.
    I often manage to have lucid dreams this way, although am still working on controlling them and making them go the way I want.

• Advertisement

A way I find easy is to go to bed in the afternoon or morning, as if to take a nap, because to be guaranteed to lucid dream right from the beginning, you need to stay awake until you start dreaming. If you try and do it at night, you will be too tired to stay awake.
    I often manage to have lucid dreams this way, although am still working on controlling them and making them go the way I want.

I strongly doubt that would work for most people. Either they'll fall asleep, as normal, or they won't.

Advertisement