Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skate injurys

Options
  • 30-04-2007 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

I started skatin again there the other week and spained my ankle doing a 360 flip. Im just wondering how long this takes to heel, its been two and a half weeks since I sprained it and the swelling and bruising has gone although there is still some slight swelling in front of the ankle. Cant stretch it forward or down without feeling some pain, thats not to say I cant strecth it all without it hurting, as in I cant over stretch it.

I red on the internet a ruptured ligament involves total loss of movement so I think I am ok as I can move it pretty well. Just want to know more about it, I heard six weeks, that sucks. Any recommendations? using arnicare with a bandage thingy and icing during the evening, then elevating foot a bit when sleeping.

Anyway any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭darkslider

I've had quite a few knee injuries skating and usually there's some secondary tendon or ligament straining that takes that bit longer to heal. Just rest it for the time being, it's also a good idea to strech it to keep the tendons supple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

alright thanks, would the pain be excrutiating if it was serious? As I have no pain at all walking around except for the odd irritation during the day at school, and when I try to stretch it to the side a good bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 fionn001

shortys94 wrote:
    alright thanks, would the pain be excrutiating if it was serious? As I have no pain at all walking around except for the odd irritation during the day at school, and when I try to stretch it to the side a good bit.
    sprained my ankle last saturday aswell, i jsut keep puttin ice on it and resting and the swellings almost gone, keep it up at night time, shouldnt take too long to heal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

It took me a couple of months to heal mine... Ice, resting and exercise it! Lucky you didn't break it I broke my right ankle and its not been the same the last 2 years lol..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Pawsome

Hey i rolled my ankle round last november and was in blinding pain for about 2 days.... i was skating again about 3 weeks later like as if nothing had happened :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Went to physio, he said it would be a few more weeks until its back to nomal, so Im gonna wait until then to skate, kinda sucks as I just started up skating again a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

shortys94 wrote:

If it was serious you would barely be able to bend it ive had some experiance with knee injuries ive had surgery on ym knee before if you feel a twinge when you move it icing probably wont do much to help but when the pain is gona its generally a good thing to go for a run or cycle to test it if u dont feel pain after that you should be set for a while. As for ankles just rest them as much as you can and when the swelling and pain is gone test it slightly to make sure and docters saying 6 weeks thats for a very serious sprain and even then its a bit over to be catious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 kyle 327

i broke my first board donig a wird trick a made up:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 kaloto227

i broke my leg 3 fliping the big 4 at a skate park:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement