Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus lane on ennis road

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭manna452121

I see that the people in the city council have now decided to change the times for the bus lane,I did not see any notification of same.Can this be right?Sorry to open an old post.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Zombie thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Yes Zombie thread. All the council did with the times is make it easier for me to drive in the bus lane(out of bus lane hours) and make it more frequent that people will beep their horn and shake their fists at me. All because they haven't bothered to read the bus lane times only to cut across in front of me when THEY think the bus lane ends.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Oops, I forgot to say that I re-opened this thread after being asked to via-PM as there might be a lot of good information in here for folks

As Berty says,alot of drivers do not look at the signs and with the Bus Lane sign being double the other sinage mistakes will be made.I would still like to ask the council,who decided to change the times and to what advantge is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

what are the new times please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭BobMc

often drive that stretch and I'm amazed how few dont read the signs, was on it friday evening, I think if I recall and feel free to correct me its Mon - Fri but for certain hours like 8.30am - 10.30am then 4.30pm till 6.30pm, In know it ends cause I drove up the bus lane on friday at 6.50pm and saw loads who avoided it probably reading the arse of me thinking i was being a clever git, its by no means 24hr bus lane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

zuroph wrote: »
    what are the new times please?

7:30am-9:30am
    &
    4:30pm-6:30pm

thats the ONLY time its a bus lane? didnt it end at 15.00 before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭cackhanded

zuroph wrote: »
    thats the ONLY time its a bus lane? didnt it end at 15.00 before?

Yep, used to be from 10:00 to 15:00. At least the new times make a bit more sense in that they cover the morning and evening rush hours but it's still surely the most unnecessary bus lane in the country.

• Advertisement

so now its not available during rush hours. FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Its still pointless anyway- The only bus that uses it is the Coonagh bus which is once an hour and the Airport bus, also hourly, which both have to merge at the lights at Ivans anyway.

and taxis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

If our traffic was half as bad as Galway the bus lane might make sense. If anybody has ever seen rush hour on the Dublin Rd in Galway they will know how a bus lane should really work. It's 24 hour by the way.

Remember our Dublin road. It was 24 hours Mon-Sat so on Sundays I used to drive in the left lane(like the rules of the road says) but I used to basically get road rage inflicted on me.

Even in Dublin where it's full of Bus lanes people haven't a clue.

They have again changed the signage,we now have one complete notice all of the same size.Maybe now people will read the complete notice and not panic when the see the symbol for a BUS LANE.Also it do not operate on Saturday/Sunday

Advertisement